Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas or water in oil

Thanks

Gas or water in oil

I have a 2008 620i gator it has around 1000 hrs on it. the only issue i have had up until now is fuel filters. but i was checking the oil and it was way over full and milky in color but it smelled like gasoline. i changed it out and have been running it and no problems. it runs like a champ has never gave me any problems what so ever and we use it like it was meant to be used everyday. it has been used but not abused. any thoughts?

Thanks
    I have the same thing. In my cx. I under stand that there is parafin, in most oils available. I cann't remember the oils that don't have parifin in them. But like you said. I have never seen this before. And I have seen a lot of dip sticks. I have only 62 hours with three oil changes. So far all is good. Some one will have the answer.
    Thank You: Ron Dugan.. High atop the Allegheny Mountains

Thanks
    moisture from short stop and starts not getting engine warmed up to disapate this moisture

Thanks
    but what confuses me is that there was about 1/2 quart extra in the crank case.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    I have the same thing. In my cx. I under stand that there is parafin, in most oils available. I cann't remember the oils that don't have parifin in them. But like you said. I have never seen this before. And I have seen a lot of dip sticks. I have only 62 hours with three oil changes. So far all is good. Some one will have the answer.
    O I forgot to mention my drain pan oil looks good.
    Thank You: Ron Dugan.. High atop the Allegheny Mountains

Thanks

Gasoline in Oil in 620i

My Gator 620i XUV ran great until November 2011. I purchased it 1 September 2010. Now it "runs", if you can use that term to describe what it does, very poorly. For some reason I seem to keep getting gas in the oil. I googled the issue and found this thread https://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/trac...rentnum=168497. It is apparently a significant issue. I cannot imagine what Deere was thinking when they allowed this design. I cannot imagine that they expected to have people run these machines at full throttle and never stop, idle, etc. I do not own a 12,000 acre ranch. I bought it for use on a small hunting lease. I was told that I needed to change the throttle body assembly and it would cost +/- $1000! It is not two years old! I have a 20 year old Yamaha 250 Bayou that runs like a champ, can idle all day long, and NEVER has gotten oil in the gas. I am terribly frustrated, have not been able to use the Gator for the most important part of my deer season - the rut and am looking at $1000 in repairs which may or may not fix it. I thought Deere was a great company. I spent several months researching side by sides and thought I had made the best choice for my needs. If y'all had been forthright and said in the literature that you cannot idle it, that you must run it wide open for long stretches I would have looked elsewhere, perhaps Yamaha again!
    Last edited by GJD; 01-19-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: misspelling

Thanks
    I have heard something about this before i have a kawaski mule with simialar design 620i has kawaski engine something to due with a diaphram in fuel pump or pressure regulator causes gas to get into engine oil due to vacuam actuation of the diaphram maybe some one has more first hand info for you but this cant be a 1000 dollar repair i know first hand kawaski parts arent cheap but not that bad

Thanks
    I was told by my dealer that the sensor unit by itself was about a +/- $150 part but that JD told them that because the sensor unit and throttle body tolerances were so tight that JD recommended that they not change just the sensor unit but the entire assembly. he showed me the blowup diagram and that is what it looked like. the throttle body itself, which has no moving parts is about +/- $650 and when you add labor he was saying +/- $1000.

Thanks
    Wow...what a burn from JD...I believe I'd have to look long and hard at just replacing the sensor even though the tolerances are tight for an $800 difference in price....oh course, I didn't see the schematic showing the assembly, so I may be totally off base saying that...I'm sure they would rather sell you the $850 Throttle Body and install that because it would be easier for them to do along with selling a high dollar part...

Good luck to you on your fix...that's a tough decision to make, along with being awful expensive for a machine as new as that one...

Larry in MD

Thanks

Gator problem codes

Does anyone know what the flashing light code is or indicates for engine trouble on a Gator? My 620i engine "trouble light" flashes one long and five short flashes when I start it and while it is running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast