Thread: 30 amp Starting Motor Solenoid Circuit keeps blowing

Thanks

30 amp Starting Motor Solenoid Circuit keeps blowing

Hi there,
    I'm hoping someone here can help me, as we don't have a manual or anything for m new favorite toy!

Today it started fine, and after doing some yardwork, I went to start it and nothing. The 30 amp fuse was blown. Hubby got another fuse, put it in, as soon as he turned the key, it blew again.

Starter is fine, everything else is fine, does anyone have a clue where the problem could lie?
    Its a 850D 4x4 2007 or 2008... not 100% sure.

Thanks so much for any help :)

J

Thanks
    Use an ohm meter to check for a dead short from the starter to ground. Check the cable from the starter solenoid to the starter for bare spots. Meter the solenoid terminals to ground to see if there's a short.

Thanks
    Welcome to the Forum. Hoping you locate the problem quickly.

Larry in ME

Thanks
    Welcome to the Forum!!!...I too hope that you find your problem pretty quick without having to take it to the Dealership....You all didn't plug anything into the accessories plug, or add anything like new lights or something else electrical just before it started blowing fuses???....it could be something having to do with the starter and the wiring to the starter, but with it happening when you turn on the key could mean that just about anything that works when the power is turned on could be the culprit...it definitely sounds like a short in the wiring somewhere, so try to think back on what you did with the Gator before it happened to see if it could have something to do with it blowing the fuse...( as in "hit something" or "had to raise the hood for some reason"...anything that might sound minor, but could be a clue as to what happened to it to make the fuse blow...)

Good luck on finding the problem...there's a few folks on here that are "whiz's" when it comes to diagnosing and fixing these Gators...I'm sure one of those guys will see this and probably have a solution to your problem...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Thanks everyone! So the solenoid by the fuel pump was the culprit and seeing how this is easter weekend ... well, we are hoping the part is in tomorrow. Apparently its not something they keep in stock :)