Thread: Newbie in SE Indiana

Thanks

Newbie in SE Indiana

Hello all.

I am a new gator owner. I just bought an older 6x4 and a bunch of spare parts. It needs work, but it is unclear how much at this time. I have gotten it as far as determineing it has fuel and compression but I havent gotten it fire yet.

I got a bunch of spare parts for the toy and am going to sell the spares I will nevre need such as the 5 snow blades I got with it and the 2 extra sets of doors that came with it.

I am looking for 2 back tires and one front tire,,, After I bought it someone else helped them self to three of the tires. I have rims in the spare stuff just not the tires!!

I will be asking alot of questions as I am not yet familliar with the platform yet. I can fix about anything once I understand how it is supposed to work.

Thanks
    Welcome to the Forum! Make sure you take pictures before, during and after! We love pictures.

Larry

Thanks
    Good cause I was just thinking I need to take some pics of this sorry looking thing just in case when it is done and nobody believes it was really that rough I will have proof!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio_Grande View Post
    Good cause I was just thinking I need to take some pics of this sorry looking thing just in case when it is done and nobody believes it was really that rough I will have proof!!
    Hey there!!!...welcome to the Forum...I'm still kinda new here myself, but have enjoyed this place immensely since I joined up...alot of great folks that will help with making buying decisions from experience, to helping out with technical difficulties with stubborn Gators both old and new....

Most definitely take "before" pics....even though it might look sad now, when it's all done and you look back at those "before" pics, it makes it all the sweeter seeing the "after" pics knowing you brought it back to it's former glory...I collect old Harleys, and I have bought quite a few basket cases and piles of parts over the years and I never used to take a bunch of pics....now I regret that decision because I have 5 nice looking bikes that I put alot of blood, sweat, and tears into that I wish I had taken some "before" pics of, and some during the rebuild process...the sad part is that it's sooo easy in this day and age with cheap digital camera's that take over a 1000 pictures with one charge of the batteries!!!...I actually bought a really nice Canon T3i SLR camera with a nice lens just before Thanksgiving this past year just to shame me into taking more pictures...I figure since I spent alot of money on that nice camera, then I gotta make it worth it's while!!!...(I have to trick myself into doing things...I guess that comes with getting old and goofy..)

Again, welcome...I think you'll really like this place....I know I do...

Larry in MD

Thanks