Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Warranty

Thanks

Extended Warranty

I bought my 825 less than two months ago. I didn't get the extended warranty because after buying a couple of atvs and purchasing it and never using it i thought what the heck. But, after seeing some problems some have had I was wondering does anyone know if you can purchase it "after the fact" and if so what it cost?

Had about 4 inches of snow today so going to go play for now. (hopefully pictures to follow)
    Last edited by plateauman57; 02-19-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks
    I think so. But call quick.
    Thank You: Ron Dugan.. High atop the Allegheny Mountains

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure you can buy the extended warranty as long as its still within the time frame of the 1 year standard warranty of the machine.

Thanks
    I must be lucky, My dealer gave me a extra year warranty so I am covered for two years.

Jim O.
    USMC Ret.

Thanks
    I got my extended 2yr after i had it couple months. $125.00 for 1 yr., or 250.00 for 2. That was cheap to me.

Thanks
    I seem to think you have 90 days after purchase to opt for the exended warranty. I was in the same position. I bought the ext. warranty about two months after my purchase. It was very cheap given the piece of mind it provides. I bought an extra 2 years for around 250.00 as I recall. My thought was use it never, still had pice of mind for three years, use it once and it pays for itself. I still have not use it but I sleep well and don't hesitate to put the gator through it's paces.

Thanks
    Thanks all for the responses. I will check with my dealer this week. And I did get to play for a while today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    After seeing picture #3, I would imagine you are re-thinking your decision to not opt for the windshield WITH the wiper!!!...hahahaha....the first pic almost had me until I saw the little button on top of the hood that makes all the cool sounds and turns the headlights on...yeah...I have that one here...it's one of my Grandson's favorite toys...I even have one myself that I have put away in a display cabinet just because it looks exactly like my 825i looked when the dealership delivered it to my house...

Great pics, and since we haven't had a lick of snow here in MD to amount to anything, I kinda envy you....I'd just like one nice snow storm just to satisfy my craving to try my new plow out on the Gator!!!...and I'd like to just go play in it alittle with the Gator to get it all snowed up instead of mudded up for a change...

Thanx for posting the pics....I always enjoy new stuff like that...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    you're right larry, it won't be long til i have a windshield/wiper combo. it is hard to see where ur going when that snow (or even rain) covers ur windshield. not knowing much when i bought my gator i let the dealer put the top and windshield on it. i figure come spring i'll get serious about taking them off and starting from scratch. i do nothing in a hurry....over two months now and i haven't made a final decision about my winch...but will be ordering one in the next two weeks.

thought i would throw that one pix in for kicks. could have done a little better planning and make it look more realistic but what the heck..

Thanks
    Hey...that pic had me for a minute while I was trying to figure out how you drove up that high on that ledge over top those huge boulders!!!...that was a cool pic for sure...I thought it was funny as hell after I realized what it was...good one for you!!!

Speaking of winches, I just got done installing my Warn XT30 winch on my 825i this weekend...I've had it awhile and just kept putting off installing it because I was dreading doing all the wiring to both the front and back since I am using a reciever mount so that I can use it for both front and rear pulling...I think the ones mounted in the bumper look a bit better, but don't like the limited use part of it...to me, if I get stuck going forward in mud or whatever, I highly doubt that I would want to pull myself further into it!!!...hehehe...anyway, I finally got it done this past weekend with the help of my mechanic from my Trucking Company Shop....it still took us a good day and a half of busting ass working on it to make sure all the wiring was run correctly so that nothing would chafe anywhere...now that it's all done, I have it sitting in the front reciever mount and to tell you the truth, it looks great there!!!....looks like it was almost supposed to be that way...I had to modify my receiver mount plate to make it work correctly, and look right...I am tickled to death with it now though....

I forgot to take my camera when we started working on it on Saturday morning, but to be honest, as much stuff as we had to do, I doubt that I would have taken any pics along the process...I will be taking some pics of it tomorrow and I will post them up....I also got my LED Fog Lights wired up, and added some "mood lighting" to the inside of my cab...I added an LED work light facing the rear also...it's got a fog light pattern and is really bright, so I am only using one of them...it's just for some light for the cargo bed, and for seeing behind me after dark if I'm not looking at the rear view camera system...yep, we were REAL busy this weekend, and my sorry ass is hurting from doing all that work on a weekend instead of goofing off...hahaha...

I mentioned the winch because if you are still looking for the right one, I figured I'd throw another idea out there for you to consider...the Warn XT30 is a 3000 lbs. winch and I know some people want one a little heavier than that, but I figure if it's too much to pull, I'll just use my snatch block to double my pulling force...this winch also has a wireless remote control too which is a neat little feature...I don't know if I'll ever need it or not, but I'll have it if comes to that...they are a bit pricey for sure, but you are paying for the Warn name and many years of great quality from them...

take care, and again thanx for the cool pics you posted....

Larry in MD
    Last edited by Regulator; 02-20-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast