Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extended Warranty

Thanks
    On my way to pay for my extended warranty! Called my dealer and same story... if purchased within one year of the manufacturer warranty start date, you can add 1 or 2 years extended warranty. It's not available for commercial use or rentals. Counting the original 1 year factory warranty, plans are for 2 years (600 hours max) or 3 years (800 hours max). No deductable!

Wow... we just bought a $300 basketball hoop for my son and they tried to sell us an $80 extended warranty. $250 for 2 additional years on a Gator is cheap!!!
    Gator Hunter
    "Hunt Hard, Shoot Straight, Kill Clean, Apologize to No One..."

Thanks
    I will have to double check my paperwork when I get back home, unless someone else chimes in, I thought the original extended warranty was unlimited. I do not recall being told of an hour or mile limitation.

Dan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
    I will have to double check my paperwork when I get back home, unless someone else chimes in, I thought the original extended warranty was unlimited. I do not recall being told of an hour or mile limitation.

Dan
    same here dan, my dealer just scribbled something on my paperwork showing i had two additional years for a total of 3 years. no hours or miles were mentioned.
    dj-- Cumberland Plateau, TN

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.

Thanks
    The 600/800 hour limitation is a surprise, because my dealer and my associated paperwork both say the original warranty is 12 months/1000 hours. Checked the paperwork carefully and it states:

"Gator Utility Vehicles (except Compact Series), ...[other equipment]... 12 Months or 1000 Hours, Whichever Comes First"

The dealer quoted the same when I was considering purchase of a demo 855D last year (but I don't recall if I verified), so I don't think it's a change for 2012.

- Steve in warm slushy CO

Thanks
    I recenlty also purchased the extended 2 year warranty. The only paperwork I received was a receipt and a print out showing my 825i has warranty into 2014. Dealer advised me I was covered for another 2 years? I did not receive any documents related to the warranty?

Let's get to the bottom of this.

Larry in ME

Thanks
    I received the same thing as Deputy. Jusy a receipt for 2 extra years, no documents.

Jimmy in NC

Thanks
    i just received my extended warranty paperwork in the mail today....it has a wallet card you can detach. in the agreement it says under definitions "Maximum Hours means for 3 year plans (2 year plans for Utility Vehicles) 300 hours for the Covered Product with an air-cooled engine or 600 hours for the Covered Product with a liquid cooled engine." It goes on to describe the 4, 5, and 6 year plans.

In the "Term" section under the mechanical repair plan it says "for the mechanical repair plan, the term and coverage under this agreement begin on the date of agreement purchase and continue for the period indicated on the face page of this agreement or until maximum hours have been reached on the covered product, ""whichever occurs first.""

Ive only had my gator 3 months and already have almost 50 hours on it...so that averages out to 200 hours a year x 3 years equal 600. so i should be ok but those that use theirs more than i use mine thats not good.

im still a little disappointed tho because i was told X number of years would costs me a certain amount and hours were never mentioned.
    Last edited by plateauman57; 04-06-2012 at 07:39 PM.

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.

Thanks
    It's nice to know someone has received some sort of paperwork! I gave the moey and received a recipt, ant that's the end of the story?

Larry in ME

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
    It's nice to know someone has received some sort of paperwork! I gave the moey and received a recipt, ant that's the end of the story?

Larry in ME
    Larry, you might want to have your dealer check on it for you because it has an extended service protection plan number which you might need down the road.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post

Larry in ME
    Larry , that is exactly what I got also.

If you go to the John Deere web site and go to the build your own site it offers an "Extended Service Plan" 3 year option - 2 years of extended service protection, 3-year warranty transportation. It does not mention anything about hour or mileage restrictions.

I am going to see my dealer in next couple of weeks, I'll be asking him to clear this up for me.

Dan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast