Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: springs and shocks in the rear

Thanks
    With a 1000lb bed load capacity you should be able to carry a bit over 100 gallons in a sprayer as long as the tank is under 200 lbs and it is located forward in the bed...hope this gets figured out. 600 lbs should be easy.
    Suffolk Dave

Thanks
    they told me noyhing from deere on yhis but you say there is a dtac on it so i will havw to rattle them again
    did use it off road with the load on it this weekend hard fighting marsh fires

Thanks

Overload springs

I found these springs on e-bay for $350.00. I know nothing about them other than what the add says. (john deere gator 825i overload springs) Has anyone tried them?

Thanks
    Talked to my Deere dealer today,John Deere got back with my dealer on the dtac case they put in and said they had a few other complaints said their engineers were working on it. Kinda a real political answer I thought!! If a bunch of people who has same problems I have would talk to there dealers or John Deere maybe we could get something done about this, a recall or something to help!!!!

Thanks
    I was told today that they measured ours today as well all okay couldnt get them to send in like your dealer did

Thanks
    talked to canon sportscraft with 825i overload springs they are suppose to be sending me more info

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdman View Post
    is it me or does anyone else have trouble with the rear suspension? when i load it with about 600 lbs it bottoms out if i hit a little hole, the hitch likes a few inches from touching the ground and sometimes does drag the ground!! is anyone having the same problems iam having? isn't the load rating 1500 lbs?
    Yes jdman, this was one of the issues I had when testing the gator for farm work. I have a 900 lbs spray setup and both the Gator and Ranger XP sagged in the rear suspension to the point where they were dangerous. The only solution I found was the Nivomat shocks on the Ranger HD which do work well. I do not know if they are available for the Gator.
    https://fairdinkumkelpie.wordpress.co...s-ranger-hdxp/.

Thanks
    Thats weird. I have not had any issues with overloading. Had 700lbs in the back yesterday without any issues bottoming out. Bumped the springs up a bit to the next stiffest setting. One before max out.

--Trackerkelpie, seems like when there is an issue with the gator your are quick to put your "ranger xp" review up there. Call me paranoid, but its pretty obvious. And as I said before. Someone with the user name fairdinkum has posted the same review you have. Either way. I'll take my gator over a "po po" any day.
    Last edited by 825joe; 03-28-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 825joe View Post
    Trackerkelpie, seems like when there is an issue with the gator your are quick to put your "ranger xp" review up there. Call me paranoid, but its pretty obvious.
    Joe, The only point that should be obvious is the one regarding the self- leveling shocks. My spray setup is 900 to 1000 lbs when full and I expressly stated that both the Ranger XP and the Gator struggled with the load. Only the unit with the Nivomats was capable of safely carrying this load over the required terrain. As I said, "I am not sure if these shocks are available for the Gator." If they are, or something similar, you would have a "level playing field" so to speak. I put the link to the review up for those members who may wish to objectively assess the Nivomats.

Thanks
    You are on a JD forum. What do you expect when you keep comparing it to a ranger.
    Last edited by 825joe; 03-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast