Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ground clearance ?

Thanks
    OK, measured ground clearance on the concrete floor. With the 26" tires and set up as I got it from the dealer (low hour demo - I recall the springs are on lowest preload setting, but I'm not sure): 11.5 in front and 10.5 in rear. Protection package all the way around is the only significant added weight.

- Steve in CO

Thanks

ground clearance

has anyone looked at a way to increase chassis ground clearance the front is good but the rear by the receiver tube is to low to the ground ,the only way I can see to increase this is larger diameter tires, but by doing that im afraid I will loose low end power by changing final gear ratio, I believe that Big Horn makes a 28 inch tire to replace the 27 this would probably help but again im concerned about ratio change , has anyone tried this?

Thanks
    yes if you want that full ground clearance , they also make a 28 inch Big horn from what I understand im not really concerned with the ground clearance on the front I dont like the ground clearance on the rear which iis considerably less , don'tknow if any one has come up with a kit to raise the rear clearance ,haven't seen anything yet the only other way is to go to larger tire diameter but don't know how much this will effect gear ratio , don't think one size bigger would effect much but haven't tried it still have a lot of tread left on the 27 inch that are on it, I haven't actually measured the turning radius but I know it is about half of my 4x4 toyota pickup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12