Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chery Engine

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Bottom line - a 175 year old company is not going to risk its reputation by sourcing a poor quality engine. Purchase with confidence and knowing the company will stand behind you - I did and they have!
    Unfortunately, that 175 year old company, of whose tractors I am a great admirer, has put its name to some of the poorest quality, most badly designed lawn mowers. The "real JD engineers" who designed the brilliant 30 series tractors in general and the IVT transmission in particular, must be rolling their eyes at some of the other equipment getting away with wearing the green and yellow colors along with the deere badge.
    To the original poster,do your own homework and make sure the vehicle measures up to the work you expect from it.

Thanks
    I have owned John Deere equipment for at leat 40 years, my father before me owned the same for 40 years. We have really had some work horses over time with no regrets. However, I do understand what you talking about when it comes to lawn mowers. I believe it's "Lowe's" that sells a inexpensive John Deere riding lawn mower. This is a poor example of John Deere enginering, so bad that local John Deere dealerships will not do any type of warranty work on them. You have a problem then take it to Lowe's.

I own a John Deere X740 lawn mower and have no regrets what so ever. My father taught me young, "son you get what you pay for", how true this is.

I really don't think it was a wise decision for John Deere to offer out side vendors a cheaper version of their quality products, not good for the name.

Larry in ME

Thanks
    "I really don't think it was a wise decision for John Deere to offer out side vendors a cheaper version of their quality products, not good for the name."

I agree wholeheartedly Larry....that's a move that will hurt their reputation in the long run...those who bought the cheap "Lowes" mowers will usually not buy one of the John Deere "proper" bigger mowers when they decide to upgrade, fearing they will get the same quality machine...(or "lack of" quality...)

I LOVE my X540 Garden Tractor and it, along with the 5 or 6 other JD's that I've owned over the years have always treated me VERY well!!!...and, I will continue to buy more of them every couple years or so...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Sorry guys - I disagree. When you talk about the Lowe's mower - what is your comparison? An x700.....or a MTD produced $1,000 competitor? This product is intended to compete against other $1,000 entry level competitors from Lowes, Home Depot and Sears. You are not going to get X300 / X500 / X700 level robustness out of the Lowe's model entry level $1,000 machine. Those are unreasonable expectations and not the design criteria.

IF you are comparing the Lowes product to it's competitors, you will find a product that is much better designed, more durable and longer lasting.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Sorry guys - I disagree. When you talk about the Lowe's mower - what is your comparison? An x700.....or a MTD produced $1,000 competitor? This product is intended to compete against other $1,000 entry level competitors from Lowes, Home Depot and Sears. You are not going to get X300 / X500 / X700 level robustness out of the Lowe's model entry level $1,000 machine. Those are unreasonable expectations and not the design criteria.

IF you are comparing the Lowes product to it's competitors, you will find a product that is much better designed, more durable and longer lasting.

Deere's quality system. All suppliers are screened and developed until hitting the Deere quality system.
    The question here is just where is the bar set now for the Deere quality. Is it where it is indicated by their tractors, even the low price point machines exude quality over their competitors, or is it at the bottom with their mowers? Here in Australia the same dealership parks a horrifically designed and produced green and yellow mower beside a 6430 Premium with the obvious insinuation that you can trust the mower on the strength of the tractor. Just ask the staff mechanics about the build and design quality of the former. The low end mower is no better, and probably no worse, than the competitor at the same price point but my point is that this whole addition of low quality products has diluted the John Deere brand so Caveat emptor.

Thanks
    Thomas...I think you are confused with the point we are trying to make....we aren't comparing those entry level machines at all...the Deere might well be better than the rest...my point, as well as Larry in ME's (I think..) was that Deere shouldn't have even started selling these low cost models to begin with...simple as that...if they are gonna make a product that is cheaper than their high quality machines and not want to service them at their dealerships, then they are hurting their reputation to a certain extent...

I hope that clears up what we were trying to get across....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    I am having trouble with TP sensor on my gator, dealer put 1 all new assemly on it , and it was bad,, hope this is not something to look forward too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allenflucas View Post
    I am having trouble with TP sensor on my gator, dealer put 1 all new assemly on it , and it was bad,, hope this is not something to look forward too.
    You have an automatic Toilet Paper dispenser on your Gator???....I must have missed that option...dammitt...now I want one!!!....just gotta figure out where to put it....hmmm....

Seriously...(sorry for funnin' at your expense...)...I would hope this is a problem that is kinda rare, since this is the first I have ever heard of anyone having that happen...the really sad part is that I don't even have a clue what a TP sensor is....someone please clue me in...I'm sure after I see what it is, I will feel stupid for not thinking of it...D'oh!!!

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Larry,

I'm with you ...... don't have a clue what a TP sensor is on the Gator. On my truck it' a tire pressure sensor, but I know the Gator tires do not have that !

Dan

Thanks
    Whew!!!...thanks Capt.....I thought I had totally lost my marbles not being able to figure out what the TP Sensor was...if it is something simple and obvious, at least there's 2 or us who are getting dody in our old age!!!...

I was thinking maybe "Transmission Pressure"....

Larry in MD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast