Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Deere gator questions

Thanks

John Deere gator questions

Hello i am new to the forum and Im going to be buyying a John Deere gator 825i in about April or so And I would like to know how you like yours and your thoughts on the deluxe cab thanks in advance

Thanks
    Welcome to the Forum countryboy8. I have had my Gator for a year, just about 500 miles and 90 hours. I love it ! Can't help ya with the cab question as I only use the soft top and soft rear wind screen. I am sure many others will be posting and give you their opinions regarding the various cabs.

Dan

Thanks
    I love my 825 so far, and I'm very pleased with the deluxe cab, I didn't check one out with the Polly cab though,it was way nicer ice fishing with that then on the 4wheeler I had, just wish the electrical system was sealed and they didn't have the issues with water, but no problems here I would recommend the gator

Thanks
    I've owned my 825i for almost 1 year. To boil it down, this is what you get
    - Robust design
    - Great balance of performance / ruggedness (work & play)
    - Backing in the event you have a problem
    I haven't second guessed my purchase once.

Thanks
    Welcome to the Forum: I do hope you find this Forum extemely helpful as well as fun. There are so many great people here that are willing to take the time to walk each other through a problem.

I have owned my 825i for one year come March 25th. Like previous posts, I have never second guessed my purchase. This machine is a work horse to say the least. Like many I have added a number of modifications since purchase. When I purchased I received her with the power bed, deluxe bed, front heavy duty bumper with fender guards and the rear protection screen. Since then I have added poly roof, no scratch windshield, interior lights, rear bumper and fender guards, horn, signals, advantage lights, rechargable flashlight, used a horse stall mat for the rear bed (much heavier then what John Deere offers and much less expensive), add the rear screen protecton that cuts out the wind and also has a number of pockets for junk I carry with. Oh yes, I added the front cargo box. I linded it with thin plywood that I had painted John Deere Green. This way my tools don't fall out. This was one of my more useful additions. I use it to carry my chain saw,oil and gas when hauling fire wood each fall.

Enough said, again welcome and we love pictures!

Larry from ME

Thanks
    Another "welcome" from me too!!!....as with everyone else, I absolutely LOVE my Gator...I have never bought a toy that I have enjoyed as much as this thing!!!....mine has the Poly Cab, so I can't help you with the Deluxe Cab question, even though I think the Deluxe Cab's look alot better than the Poly Cabs...now that I have my Poly Cab, I don't know that I am regretting buying it instead of the Poly Cab though, because I really like the features that my Poly Cab gives me...like less weight, doors that go on and off in like 2 seconds, and less initial cost...it has served me well since I bought mine in August of 2011...

Go to the "Showroom" section and look under "Regulator's Newest 825i Modifications", My Updated 825i Pics, and under "Gator Collection" to see pics of my 825i and all the mods I have done to it...I am about finished adding things right now, but as with other toys like this, I don't think they are ever really "finished"...hahaha!!!

Good luck to you on your purchase...I think you'lll be more than satisfied with an 825i!!!

And, if you have any other questions about anything dealing with these Gators, be sure to post it up... I would be more than happy to help out, like everyone else on here would be too...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Welcome aboard countryboy, I have owned 3 gators ,The last one (825i) I opted for the deluxe cab and just love it.Front and rear glass windows,styling is a plus. The glass doors are exspensive so i opted out of them for now,but what i use it for (hunting,fishing,wood hauling) I am in and out all the time. If you are pushing snow they are worth it in my opinion. Make your choise before you order it because after wards it is more costly. Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanks for the help I was reading some other posts and I saw a link for the Prosum cabs I like the idea of the lights integrated to the roof line so when I'm on the trail I don't have to worry about getting my lights knocked of by a low branch. heres the link https://www.prosumequipment.com/Contact.html

Thanks
    Welcome!

Thanks
    Countryboy8 I also liked the placement of the roof lights. Also, really like having the door open the way the do, makes entrance and exit much easier. Besides you can open the hood without any glass movement. I really think there are many advantages to this kit. Wish I had of gone this way to start with. Any idea when you will be getting your machine?

Larry in ME

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast