Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Change

Thanks

Oil Change

Just wondering what oil everyone is running in their 825's? i fixed on the mobile one filter but dont think im gonna run sythetic oil and what weight oil is everyone running? ok thanks for the info

Thanks
    I use only the John Deere filter and oil. I think oil/filters are quite inexpensive so I change fairly often. In the maintenance garage I have a case of filter and must have 3 cases of oil.

Filter AM107423 $6.98
    oil 10W30TG $3.90

Larry in ME

Thanks
    I am running the JD filter and amsoil full synthetic
    Last edited by 825joe; 03-29-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    JD filter and royal purple synthetic here

Thanks
    I believe any good quality oil that meets the JD requirements will do, I also found at the local auto parts place the same oil filter for half the price of JD.

Thanks
    I'm running the JD oil filter with Pennzoil Synthetic Oil....I like Synthetic oils a bunch and run them in just about everything I own...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    hey thanks for all the input, ended up going with the mobile one 5-20 with mobile one filter for around $30 wasnt really sure i wanted to start running synthetic oil but what the hell hopefully it will help me get some life out of the machine figured on changin oil around 50-75 hrs?? does that sound right? it has 70 hrs on it now prolly with same oil the machine was delivered to the dealer with i bought it with 5 hrs on it so who knows, hopefully i can get old filter off, ok well thanks to you all

Thanks
    as for the filter, your best bet is to use a cup style socket filter and give er' hell.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    well all done 2 1/4 qt. of mobile one's 5w20 and mobile filter, damn thing says 1.?? qt of oil to fill im assuming the books wrong but i've noticed everyone here is running the j.d. filter havent done any research on who makes it but is there a reason everyone is using it? just for the hell of it i cut the old filter apart the one with the chery symbol on it and besides two springs in it, its all paper didnt find anything disturbing like shavings but is there a difference in filters besides price? standerd filter was $3.99 and mobile one's was $13.99. ohh yeah one more thing i put the 5w20 weight in i noticed it called for 10w30 i think, is that gonna make any difference? ok well thanks again.

Thanks
    I don't think putting 5w20 in it will hurt it, but it's awful light oil when hot...I think you'd be doing yourself a favor by putting the 10w30 in it the next time you change it....I don't like putting oil in a vehicle that is not what is recommended by the manufacturer (viscosity...not brand...)...if they say to use 10w30, I use 10w30...I figure those guys know way more about that stuff than I do, so I abide by what they say to use...

I think the guys (like me) that use the John Deere oil filter do it because if there is ever any engine problems, then Deere can't say that it was because I ran the wrong type or brand of oil filter...even thougn another brand might be a way better filter...I'll always use the Deere filter just because of that one reason...so I never have a hassle if there is a catastrophic engine meltdown while still under warranty!!!...hahaha!!!

Hope that helps....

Larry in MD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast