Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front drive shat Bad

Thanks

Front drive shat Bad

It finnally happen, front drive train sounds like a bucket of marbles. Took it to JD for the replacement under warrenty. Only had 80 hours on the machine. Hope the new one last longer and a lot less noise.

Thanks
    I am assuming this is the long talked about problem with the shaft bearing? If this is it the new style will take care of the problem! My problem started slowly then progressed a bit. Now, runs like a DEERE should run!

Larry in ME

Thanks
    mine is currently at the dealer getting checked out for the vibration noise under the cup holders/floorboard. 22 hours on it. figured I would take it in while still under the 1 year warranty. While I was there dropping it off I ordered the signal kit, horn kit, poly top and glass windshield with wiper. Which makes me believe that things happen for a reason.

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    Took mine in Tuesday for the driveshaft noise/vibration issue. Tech. there told me while it was in there for that there were a few other known issues that they would be taking care of.

Sorry, but I was in a hurry to do other things on my list and did not think about getting a list of the problems to post, but I'll correct that when I go to pick it up.

I know that one of the issues was that he said some machines have a known issue with a flaw in the machining of the rear end fluid cap. The cap will not seal properly, allowing oil to come out and water/dirt to go in. Might wanna check all your machines for this.

Will post other issues when pick up machine in a few days.

David in TX

Picked my Gator up the other day - they replaced drive-shaft and bearings - replaced rear end dipstick/fill cap (factory one had been cross threaded ONLY).
    Last edited by Skillet23; 04-30-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Update

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbowhnter View Post
    mine is currently at the dealer getting checked out for the vibration noise under the cup holders/floorboard. 22 hours on it. figured I would take it in while still under the 1 year warranty. While I was there dropping it off I ordered the signal kit, horn kit, poly top and glass windshield with wiper. Which makes me believe that things happen for a reason.
    You will be VERY happy with your purchases....I love my glass windshield with the wiper...couldn't live without it now that I have it...I have the signal kit too, but no horn kit...I have a mini-air horn that I will be installing soon...I bought it for a motorcycle a year or two ago and never used it, so it will go on the Gator...they are silly loud too!!!....I think the Deluxe, all glass cabs look a little better than the Poly Cab's, but I haven't regretted my decision to go with my Poly Cab...I have the sliding glass rear window too, and I love that as much as my windshield!!!....I think you will be tickled with your purchases!!!

Larry in MD

Thanks
    My 2011 825i had the same problem with front drive shaft noise right front day one ,took it to the J D dealer and they replace the shaft problem solve.

Thanks
    Got my gator back today, no more rattle and vibration in front drive train. Runs and sounds like a Deere should now. The new front drive shaft makes one hell of a difference now, cant believe how quite it is. JD should have a recall on this problem, I believe that a lot a people don't know they have a problem and that the noise is normal. Shame on JD.

Thanks
    ThonasNm I agree with you that John Deere should have a recall, however, it all comes down to dollar and cents. During the warranty periord we will replace any and all that complain. After the one years then they will have to pay the dealer for parts and labor. This adds more money for the dealer as well as John Deere. Now if the proble was to cause some sort of injury that may result in a law suit then I am sure they would have a total recall! The American way.

Larry in ME

Thanks
    Yea thats the New American Way of doing business.

Thanks
    After I had my new front shaft installed it was like a different machine. Very smooth!
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast