Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front drive shat Bad

Thanks
    Are they actually changing out the driveshaft or just the bearings?

Thanks
    From my dealer I ordered what was needed for solution# 87518 (drive shaft noise) and the only thing I got was one bearing. I replaced the front bearing with it and noise was gone.

Paul
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    they replaced my whole assembly shaft and all.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 825joe View Post
    they replaced my whole assembly shaft and all.
    They replaced my bearing and ring/ pinon from my front differential. I had 7.6 hours on it. Took it out twice around my neighborhood and some other sounds are there in the front right wheel (sounds like a wheel bearing) and some new noise from the drive shaft area. So I have it back in the dealership right now with 8.5 hours on it. I called late yesterday and the lady said they ordered some parts for it but would call me today to tell me exactly what was wrong this time....I'll keep you updated.

Thanks
    thanks bud
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Took a quick look and they changed shaft and bearings

Thanks
    Based on searching threads, JD made the switch to the new bearing right about the time my 825i was built. I haven't had any issues yet, but I'm concerned that I might have the old style bearing with issues awaiting me. How can I tell whether I have the new style or old style?

Thanks!

- Curious Steve in CO

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi06 View Post
    How can I tell whether I have the new style or old style?
    You can see the difference at the image in this thread:
    https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/f...2228#post22228

Since it's the front bearing it's covered inside the tunnel, so you have to look in there. Maybe you can see it from the engine end, if you remove the rubber thingy. If not, try from the front end. In the front end you need to remove a metal cover to get access (one screw is holding it).

Paul
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi06 View Post
    Based on searching threads, JD made the switch to the new bearing right about the time my 825i was built. I haven't had any issues yet, but I'm concerned that I might have the old style bearing with issues awaiting me. How can I tell whether I have the new style or old style?

Thanks!

- Curious Steve in CO
    when was yours built ?

Thanks

Dan - NJ

Thanks
    Hey Dan,

It's listed as Sept. 23, 2011. Another monkey wrench, though, is that it's possible that if it was built with the old style, it was swapped out already. I am the first "owner" but it was a John Deere demo/advertising unit prior to following me home.

- Steve in cool CO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast