Thread: blowing fuse

Thanks

blowing fuse

HI
    I am new to the forum I have a 2011 825i gator in camo I have the deluxe glass cab with curtis industrys heater and just put a 72" KFI snow plow on it
    I have blowen 2- 15 amp key switch fuses when plowing after dark I have the deluxe light kit I called my dealer and they said to replace the 15 amp fuse with a 20 amp fuse. The 15 amp fuse blows when I have all the lights on and when I shift into reverce and the back up lights come on they said the 20 amp fuse should take care of my trouble. I was wondering if it is safe to go to a larger fuse? anyone had this trouble? any help would be great. Thanks

Thanks
    Your dealer is correct on that, I had to replace mine with a 20 also. If you blow the 20 then you better look for pinched wires on the harnesses.

Thanks
    I agree with GATORDONE.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Thank you guys very much I will give it a try.

Thanks
    Anybody out there have installation instructions for front light kit BM21651 on a 2011 825i deluxe cab.

Bowman
    Howell,Mi

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bowman View Post
    Anybody out there have installation instructions for front light kit BM21651 on a 2011 825i deluxe cab.

Bowman
    Howell,Mi
    If it's the "Front Work Light Kit" that mount on the top of the deluxe cab., PM me your email address and I'll pass you pics of my instructions.

Paul
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    YES YES YES! I had the same problem! I though nobody else did! Mine blew back in the woods about a mile from my house and everything was dead. I knew it was electrical but figured to knock out everything it had to be a larger amp fuse and those were the only ones I checked. Had to drag it back with my tractor cause the quad wouldn't move it. About 6 hrs of work, got my tractor wedged between 2 trees, middle of night, blizzard on its way, 15-20 beers and 2 cut down maples later it was back at the house. I was pissed to say the least! Somebody should make it sticky or put some kind of bulletin up if you put a bunch of lights on, shift into reverse in 4 wheel drive it can die on the spot!