Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello.. need advise on windshield choice

Thanks

Hello.. need advise on windshield choice

Hello all! New to the forum and all forums in general. From Northern Indiana and just purchased an 825i. Plan on driving it around town a bit at higher speeds and also doing some trail riding at slower speeds during the summer. Scared to get a full shield due to the heat with no airflow and yet hesitant to get the half windshield due to the lack of protection. Will the half shield deflect wind over my head at about 30-35 mph? Any advice at all would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    Welcome Gatorboy!

Almost all of the full windshields I have seen have some way to get air flow through to the driver. Some have a lower section that will flip up and/or can be removed. Some have built in air vents that can be opened when hot and closed when cold. There are several options and designs, all depending on what you want in a windshield/cab/$$.

https://www.fortressatv.com/

https://ftdcabs.com/

https://prosumequipment.com/Contact.html

https://www.curtisindustries.net/

These are just a few of the cab/windshield dealers out there, just do a google search and you'll find several different windshields and cabs and price ranges.

Good luck!

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    I'll check them out! Thanks, Ken

Thanks
    My 2 cents, I would go with glass. This way I could have wipers and not put up with all the scratches. Remember, you get what you pay for. I didn't get the glass and I regret it to this day. Oh I will have it but I get upset thinking of the cash I wasted.

Larry in Me

Thanks
    I did get the glass and I love it! I was planning on taking it off for the summer, but it has great air flow with the bottom section flipped up, so I won't be taking it off now. It rained a little on me the other day and the wiper came in quite handy too.

Thanks
    I agree with the previous 2 guys....I have the all glass windshield with the wiper and it is great...you get more than enough air flow through the bottom part that flips up when it gets hot...I have the sliding rear glass too so when I open it up-, it's like a turbo tunnel of air going through the cab...

Now that I have mine, I could not live without it on my 825i....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    to the John Deere Gator Forum

Thanks
    I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but I have the windshield that flips up at the bottom and if I have it closed and travel down a dirt road the wind somehow funnels the dirt straight in to the cab. I have to leave the bottom flipped up or my eyes just get filled with dirt. So for what it's worth my advise would be to get a windshield that vents air in one way or another.
    Last edited by kpress; 08-13-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
    My 2 cents, I would go with glass. This way I could have wipers and not put up with all the scratches. Remember, you get what you pay for. I didn't get the glass and I regret it to this day. Oh I will have it but I get upset thinking of the cash I wasted.

Larry in Me

Hello - Does anyone make a glass windshield to fit the standard ROP's supplied with the 825i - I know JD makes the shield but only to fit the deluxe cab rop's right?

Thanks
    John Deere makes a glass windshield with wiper. It is part number BM23743 and will fit the standard ROP. Here is a link to one I found on the internet. https://www.shopgreendealer.com/John-...r-BM23743.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast