Thread: "Lock & Ride Technology" ?

Thanks

"Lock & Ride Technology" ?

Polaris Lock N Ride.jpgCherne Industries.jpgHello all. For those of us who are familiar with the Polaris "Lock & Ride Technology", which includes clamps such are used also by Deere in fastening items like Gator roofs, and also the expanding anchors which are used to mount all sorts of off road ,and sporting goods to the beds, cages, and bodys of many UTV Brands. Here is a neat little item that costs about 1/3 of what the typical after market vendor will charge for the Name Brand. The use of the term "Expansion Technology" is not as high tech, nor as new as one would have you believe. All of these expanding anchor "Technology" items have been used commercially in industry since the start of the industrial era. Shown in the photo's are the brand name Item with a leaver action to compress the rubber plug, selling for around $20. The second one employs a substantial wing nut to easily compress the rubber plug, selling for $7.06 each with free shipping on-line at Drillspot. I prefer the Cherne Industries, high strength chemical resistant one from Drillspot both for endurance and because I've used them for 35 years under extreme conditions pressurizing heat exchanger tubes to test or repair. The plugs come in many sizes, small enough to mount a cell phone bracket, or 1 1/4" to mount a tire rack as I'm doing. Check them out, It's hard to beat industrial grade, low cost, and Free Shipping! mountaingoat.

Thanks
    Mountaingoat, thanks for the great tip. I too can see uses for this item. Cost is great also.

Larry in Me