Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocker Switches

Thanks

Rocker Switches

Hello all. A recent search for rocker switches for use with various item on my XUV 550 has yielded this information. Currently, John Deere is using Eaton switches with the model line being "Euro Look". These are the full sized switch (Auto/Truck) or Smaller 1.427 X .825 for exact fit to the Gator, with the typical rounded corners. Check the switch Data Sheet for Gator opening size of 1.427 X .825. There is even a momentary switch (larger full size) with a tall paddle that will be a great item to use as a horn switch. One particular on-line vendor has a full line available.Check them out at : www.alliedelec.com. Hope this helps for those still looking for an affordable Gator switch. mountaingoat.
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 03-04-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks gobs for the info and for the lead for Allied Electronics!!!

- Steve in CO

Thanks
    Hit the SEARCH button, this topic has been discussed in much detail, this will be for the 825i model, I'm not sure if the 550's have the same type of switches.

John
    Usually found down by my lake or cruising the neighborhood

Thanks
    I will weigh in on rocker switches also.

I originally ordered some simple on/off rocker switches from Ace Hardware. I used the part number that someone posted on here in an earlier post. While installing my Warn xt40 winch, I did not really like the options for mounting the hardwire switch. So I went back to ACE Hardware and long story short I wound up buying "Seachoice Products" https://seachoice.com/switches from Discount Marine Supplies https://www.discountmarinesupplies.com They have a complete selection of weather sealed switches that fit the Gator dash perfectly.

Use this information for whatever it's worth for you !

Dan - NJ

Thanks
    Hi John, sorry but I can't find anything in search with any great detail covering the name of the current J. Deere vendor, or product line name of these switches. I too am not sure about the other Gator models, so I posted it here in the XUV 550 section. I'm sure there hasn't been too much discussion on this subject for the 550, as it's so new. It's gotten at least 102 hits so far so I guess there's still some interest. Regards, mountaingoat

Thanks
    ok my apologies,

when I read this forum I automatically go to the whats new section and I read this post without realizing that it was about switches for the 550. As they say "my bad" I'll try and pay more attention in the future.

Dan - NJ

Thanks
    No Problem. Since I'm doing so many mods on this Gator I'm using many new, and old sources. It's sometimes good to go to the original parts source to find like items. Deere has a notoriously high markup on parts, as we all know. As I find a resource I'll post it, and perhaps it will help with other Gator models as well. It's all great fun. mountaingoat

Thanks
    mountaingoat,

would you happen to have the part number for the eaton switch you purchased?

I want it for a "interior light" and I really want to make it look original.

I went to the web site you listed above and there are a lot of options. I got overwhelmed
    and thought I would just ask you

Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Hey sidebite. I can't find the receipt for that part# but here is another source. Go to e-bay, type in " Eaton rocker switches" and you will find them there. You will be using the "Euro look" ones with the rounded corners, although they may not state it as such.The listing shows both momentary which can be used for a horn, and also an on-off for lighting.The price is around $15. Avoid the Peterbuilt type as they are for the tractor trailer cab dash and are much larger. mountaingoat
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 11-05-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks
    I think the switch from my dealer was $14 and there was no waiting for shipping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast