Thread: So anybody ever put a non-gator 3TN66 motor into a 6x4 gator that came with one??

Thanks

So anybody ever put a non-gator 3TN66 motor into a 6x4 gator that came with one??

I cant be the only one that has replaced a whole gator diesel motor? The 3TN66 in mine has 3 shot pistons and a ruined head, It could be cheaper to replace the whole motor,,, have found a 3TN66 from japan in good running shape, and no it was in the states before the flood,,,, has an on the motor cooling fan and was not originally in a gator but same basic motor,,, any problems with hooking up the gator clutch and mounting the motor? anybody do this before?
    Last edited by pposey; 03-08-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks
    well the water pump looks the same so no problem with the coolant lines, the throttle cable will need to be re-angled but my existing brackets should handle that, air intake looks the same from the one image I have, my concern right now is the clutch assembly, I have no idea if it will hook up the same

Thanks
    i have changed out my 3tn66 diesel engine in my6 by 4 with japanese import diesel yanmar but the engine i got i had to swap over the back plate and the flywheel so the clutch would hook up. also the sump and pick.up and the front crank dampener, all the parts seemed to interchange good, it bolted in well and has been going strong for the last 6mths so far.