Thread: Kawasaki CDI 600AMT

Thanks

Question Kawasaki CDI 600AMT

I have a AMT 600 5 wheeler with the Kawasaki KF82D-X engine. I have lost ignition spark even though the motor turns over well (when the starter finally decides to engage).I have run all the Ohm tests as directed in the mannual.Stater,pulse and they read OK. However I am getting a bad reading from the black to red leads of my CDI.Getting continuity when I should be getting none.These CDI's, as I've dicovered, are NLA and rare as hens teeth. I am wondering if perhaps one of you frequenters of this sight may have learned of a way around this problem.Maybe substitute components and rewiring.It appears that is is the exiter coil or diode in this unit that is mafunctioning. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.Feel free to e-mail to the address in my profile, or post.Thank you.

Thanks
    check ebay
    AMT 622 w/modified dump bed

Thanks
    THIS IS MY EXACT PROBLEM!! same machine - was working perfect one day the next won't fire up....local mechanic says its the CDI (R91234) I'm trying to understand if the Kawasaki part ignition number 21119-2115 can be used! the Deere CDI is very rare!

Thanks
    here is what i have found doing countless hours of searching on the internet. i believe this is what we need to use to replace the cdi . https://www.scrubbercity.com/Part_Num...21119-2071.htm

Thanks

Thanks
    Did you figure out why your amt 600 isn't getting spark. I have same problem.
    thanks
    34ford454