Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XUV 550 owners, are you satisfied?

Thanks
    I used mine this weekend to pull a downed tree out of the pond. Going uphill dragging a tree in 4wd (OK, only three wheel) low range it had enough power to spin three wheels. Not earth shattering torque but certainly good enough for a machine this size & price.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Not happy at all. Shifter sticks, bed is cracked, parking brake cable broken and carburetor was replaced after 14 months of use. If this thing was a horse I'd have shot it by now. Last JD product I'll ever buy.

Thanks
    Deadlevel I've had my 550 s4 back from the dealer now for about a month. The dealer got the correct clutch kit in and replaced the the parking brake. They are also going to replace the bed because of a crack that has started next to the tail gate. I keep Sea Foam in the gas to keep down carbon build up. I've been driving it hard because I only have 5 months left on my extended warrentee. Right now I couldn't be more pleased with the little 16HP Vanguard Engine and the Gator it's self. We drove it on the beach and all over the Island this weekend and it just performed wonderfully. There are Polaris Rangers, on the Island, along with many other brands pretending to be Golf Carts like myself. I like the looks of the 550 s4 and it has a lot more room. People ask me about it all the time. The bright green and yellow attracts a lot of attention. Now, anyway hoping, that my problems are over I say my Gator is great little fun vehical. I admit I don't use mine like hunters or farmers would but it's great for the Island and the Beach. Here's praying your problems are over!!!
    550 S4 JD Green and Yellow, Lexan Vented Windshield, 3000LB Winch, Bighorn Tires, Alum. Alloy Wheels, Poly Roof, Brush Guard, Rear Bumper, Turn Signals, Flasher, and Stop Lights. Side Mirrors and Rear view mirror.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vanderrt View Post
    Deadlevel I've had my 550 s4 back from the dealer now for about a month. The dealer got the correct clutch kit in and replaced the the parking brake. They are also going to replace the bed because of a crack that has started next to the tail gate. I keep Sea Foam in the gas to keep down carbon build up. I've been driving it hard because I only have 5 months left on my extended warrentee. Right now I couldn't be more pleased with the little 16HP Vanguard Engine and the Gator it's self. We drove it on the beach and all over the Island this weekend and it just performed wonderfully. There are Polaris Rangers, on the Island, along with many other brands pretending to be Golf Carts like myself. I like the looks of the 550 s4 and it has a lot more room. People ask me about it all the time. The bright green and yellow attracts a lot of attention. Now, anyway hoping, that my problems are over I say my Gator is great little fun vehical. I admit I don't use mine like hunters or farmers would but it's great for the Island and the Beach. Here's praying your problems are over!!!
    Thanks for the well wishes. Glad you are having such positive experiences with 'da gator. I'm off the ledge from the other day, but still ticked about the issues experienced. Maybe a few more days will allow me to calmly think about this whole thing and examine all options whether to repair, or replace.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234