Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 825i Exhaust pipe issue

Thanks
    there are two different systems I believe they changed from the spring mount to the bolt system on the exhaust manifold about 20 13 I have a 2014 , it has the bolt on systemhave not had any leaks there had a leak at the connection where the exhaust pipe slides into the muffler pipe I used high temp silicone and seems to be working the main exhaust noise is coming from the muffler all that is needed to diagnose where there is a leak is a rag over the tail pipe outlet you can hear exactly where any exhaust noise is coming from, hope this helps . I am looking for a muffler that can be fabricated to fit in the original housing that would, solve the loud exhaust,and that popping noise that is so irritating.

Thanks
    I would thik the real fix for thes spring mount exhaust would be change the exhaust manifold to the bolt on exhaust pipe which I believe was changed in about 2013 , but I find the popping noise and loud exhaust is the muffler , Im trying to find a muffler that will take the place of the stock muffler , this would be the real fix to quiet these down , hope this helps
    Last edited by campoman; 10-29-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks
    Well, after dealing with the exhaust leak for some time I did some research. Ended up buying the AM146297 pipe and it’s certainly different, it’s longer and a different angle on manifold side of the equation.

Also the muffler was full of water and something was loose inside it. I cut it open, found the “well seasoned catalyst” floating around, and the fiberglass packing that’s between the outer shell and internal chamber of the muffler was saturated in water / condensation.

Removed the catalyst piece by piece and then welded back up. Also a drilled two 3/32 holes in the bottom to allow the muffler to piss off the condensation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234