Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 825i Exhaust pipe issue

Hybrid View

Thanks

825i Exhaust pipe issue

A few months back my machine started getting alot louder than usual, I thought the muffler had burned out. When I started checking it out I noticed the leak was coming from the pipe that goes into the muffler. I called the dealer and they came and got it, the next day they called and said the exhaust pipe had broken where it comes out of the motor and they would order a new one. The following day I had my gator back.
    The problem is they have replaced that same pipe 3 times now and the one on it now is broke again. Has anyone else been having this problem? My dealer said since I found this problem on mine about every one they have in for service they check them and more than half of them are broken.
    Deere is telling them that they think it is a heat issue but they have not came up with a solution yet. Some of the Deere Techs that are on here please chime in if you have been experiencing anything like this.
    Mark

Thanks
    Logic tells me that I would check for engine alignment first. After that, perhaps you, JD, should check for a loose motor mount. Seems unreal that you experienced this many problems. For it to break, something is not aligned or not capable of expansion/contraction with heat. I will look at my machine tomorrow for the pipe coming out of the engine. Keep us updated on what happens.
    Thanks,
    Rich
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    Rich, I agree with all you said, myself and the dealer has checked and compared mine to a new 825 and we cant seem to find any difference. The strange thing is this exhaust pipe doesnt mount solid, on the engine end where it connects to the manifold its held on with two springs the only other carrier is the rubber mount in front of the left rear tire and then it slides into the muffler which has no clamp.
    I was expecting that other forum members might be having the same issue but that must not be the case. I just talked to the dealer and he has replaced over 2 dozen of these pipes, so if you think your gator is louder than usual have it checked out.

Thanks
    what year is your Gator my 2018 has 2 bolts holding pipe to manifold

Thanks
    there are two different systems I believe they changed from the spring mount to the bolt system on the exhaust manifold about 20 13 I have a 2014 , it has the bolt on systemhave not had any leaks there had a leak at the connection where the exhaust pipe slides into the muffler pipe I used high temp silicone and seems to be working the main exhaust noise is coming from the muffler all that is needed to diagnose where there is a leak is a rag over the tail pipe outlet you can hear exactly where any exhaust noise is coming from, hope this helps . I am looking for a muffler that can be fabricated to fit in the original housing that would, solve the loud exhaust,and that popping noise that is so irritating.

Thanks
    Mark, aka M. Gator:
    I raised the bed on my machine, VIN ...LAM013769; Engine s/n ...GAF01152. These are the suffix numbers, I eliminated listing the prefix letters/numbers for obvious reasons. Perhaps you can use this info with your dealer, as I have nothing like you describe above.

I have a manifold, then bolted with two bolts, hard fastened, to the exhaust pipe. About 15 inches from the engine is a pyrometer into the exhaust. Then the exhaust continues with two elbows. I did not take off the aluminum foil which appears to cover a joint of the pipes.

Perhaps someone with knowledge can check why there are two different designs. Unless I am blind and deaf, I have no cracks or breaks as of this time and date. Probably less than 250 miles and less than 100 hours. Only a couple hard bumps and no wrecks or sudden stops. I am the only driver and am very careful.

Hopefully this info might help resolving your problem. Let me know if I can provide more info. I didn't have time today to take photographs as I have company coming to my home tomorrow, but let me know if photographs will help, and I will provide.

Good luck with resolution,
    Rich
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    We've got 2. 825i gators with the same broken exhaust. Welded it brakes again
    Dos anyone have a solution on how to fix my problem. Or r there any updates.
    Please let me know thanks. JJW

Thanks
    Can anybody upload a picture of their broke exhuast pipe?

Thanks.
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    I have 1800 miles now. There seems to be more exhaust coming out of the joint where the muffler and the exhaust hook together under the foil wrap then what is coming out of the muffler. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks
    Since I started this post I have had my exhaust pipe replaced 8 times the last time being this morning, all I can get out of JD is that they are working on it. The dealer has a stack of old broken pipes must be at least 25 or more, they dont even send them back to JD anymore. If anyone has a # for JD customer service other than what is in the book I would like to have it, something has to be done to correct this problem, I urge everyone to call JD about this issue and maybe as a group we can get something done!
    Thanks, Mark

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast