Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 825i Exhaust pipe issue

Thanks
    We have had a few that we replaced including mine, The pipe change was made some time in may or june, Only thing I can tell you is that it is a tighter fit and different sealing rings were they join together. If your gator is out of warranty I would suggest having the dealer contact there service rep for possible help paying for the new pipe, As of now it is not a product improvement or recall.

Thanks
    I just replaced mine aswell for the 3rd time , I have a deluxe cab on my gator , and here is what I did to fix the issue , I installed fox shocks because my rear tires bottomed out , therefore it was touching the muffler and pushing it forwards, and I changed all my motor mounts , and they were worn out and that caused the motor to torque sideways way over its limits under load , causing the muffler to crack right at the springs, I got 15000k on mine and 4912, and its still running fine

Thanks
    Hi guys I'm new to the form I have a 2013 mines has been changed out twice already and is going on the third time as it is broken again. I think what is going on is the motor is moving from torque and the pipe will move with the motor but the muffler is bolted solid so the pipe is bottoming out in the muffler and bending the pipe at the 90 witch causes the seal where the two springs are to leak. That's what I think is going on. Just my two cents.

Thanks
    Lol sorry I have a 2012 not 2013 I have about 1250 miles and 143 hours on mine.

Thanks
    unfortunately the sleeve gasket or ring whatever you call it isn't replaceable I am having a new pipe built at a friends muffler shop and a quiet muffler installed , I could let you know how this works out, if your interested , im with you the gator is way to loud for hunting , im hoping this works out other then that I really like this machine I have done a few modifications to improve it for one , the air cleaner was in aboit the worst spot for dust so I fabricated a snorkel to get it up in clean air flow this has worked incredible don't seem to be buying air cleaners as before lasts three times as long and recently went to a k n so now just rinse it off contact me if your interested in these mods 619 4051635

Thanks
    From reading this and other posts I checked my loud buzz machine 825i. My pipe was broken in the bend where the pipe attaches to the header.
    Replaced it with the latest part number and it is not as loud. Still a small leak at the header side bend, but the sleeve gasket or ring side has zero leak.
    If this pipe (which is the 3rd product update from John Deere) breaks, I think I would get a custom made pipe also.

​Please do post how your project works out.

Thanks
    I am having the same issue , I find out this exhaust pipe has been upgraded twice any one solved this problem ? im considering taking Gator to muffler shop and having a whole new pipe built for this and maybe even a quieter muffler, Its just to noisey even when it was new to hunt with.

Thanks
    has john deere decided this exhaust issue on the 825 to be a recall issue yet and compensate us for it , they don't seem to be to worried about it , I am very disappointed in the response on this seems like they would be more concerned about their customers satisfaction , I really like my 825 , but I think parts prices are way out of line , and they wont let us access computer info with a obd2 code reader ,they have made info un accessible unless you take it to the dealer these code readers and the snap on scanner read every vehical on the road from 95 and up except john deere what is with this , they want all the acces to themselves if I hadn't of already bought my 825 I believe I would of bought a can am, seem to have much better customer relations then deere, o well maybe dere will start being more concerned about there customers in the future but probably not very likely, I paid 17000. for this machine and I cant access my computer for info , something not right there.
    Last edited by campoman; 10-12-2018 at 01:14 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks
    From what ive found out the dealer wont cover this problem , they don't seem to be to concerned about loosing customers ive talked to numerous people with this issue and the new replacement pipe dosent address the problem , most owners have decided to sell the Gator and go to a different UTV Can Am or Ranger, I like my 825 except for this issue that deere should be correcting,, but no luck I am going to fabricate a flange like used on header collectors so the exhaust pipe and muffler pipe can be bolted together with a bell connection on the pipe I will let you know how this works , maybe JOhn Deere will pay me for fixing there problem but I doubt it

Thanks
    what year is your Gator my 2018 has 2 bolts holding pipe to manifold

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast