Thread: oil drips out of the silencer just before the muffler

Thanks

oil drips out of the silencer just before the muffler

I have a steady drip out of i think the silencer just after the valve cover and before the muffler it drips bad enough to drain the crankcase when running the motor runs great. the service manual said the breather valve isnt working right and to put a hose on the valve cover and blow in it it should seal i did that but it doesnt seal but i think its something besides the breather valve maybe around the valves cause when i take a air hose and blow in it i can hear it in the motor what do you guys think any ideas i suppose i will have to pull the motor to get a better look but i sure would like to know what troubles it

Thanks
    pill the spark plug and pressurize the cylinder. if you hear air blowing out the exaust(when the exasust valve is closed) you have a seating problem with valves. if it pressureizes the crank case then there is a valve guide seal problem. if the breather isnt working correctly it could be forcing oil past the valve gulds and into the cylinder and into the exaust.

pull the valve cover off and see if the oil is able to drain back to the case.

good luck
    AMT 622 w/modified dump bed

Thanks
    well i found the problem pulled the motor the gasket is shot on the crank cover so have a new one on order thats were all the oil was coming from so got a gasket kit will replace the crank seal while i got it off to in the meantime painting the entire machine and doing fiberglass repair on the plastic it works goot to put the mesh and resin on the backside and after set turn over and sand the front plastic smooth looks real nice after a coat of JD green actually the whole machine looks real good
    Last edited by pupbiking; 07-07-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks
    Pictures!
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.