Thread: Drove a 825i with factory power steering today!!!!!!!

Thanks

Drove a 825i with factory power steering today!!!!!!!

Went to the dealer today to get parts and they just recieved a new 825i and 855D with power steering. I drove both of them. I started out at an idle both units steered with very little effort. Very nice! Took both for a little ride through the lot and back through a little field. It had a very good feel and isolated the bump steer that you can sometimes get when you go through some rough stuff. My dealer is pricing one up fro me that is the same a s mine but with power steering! it will be interesting what he's going to offer me for mine. Has anyone been able to look at a parts breakdown to see if one could order all of the parts?

Thanks
    I went into the dealer in Winchester VA to look over the new PS on the 825i. It is electric; you can steer it with the engine off to try it as well. The control unit is integrated on the steering column up under the front cowl behind the dash. Very nice and much better than the WRENCHING i have to do on my 620i, especially in 4WD with the diff locked! The new machine seems alot quieter too!
    My dealer is also working up a price for me

Thanks
    I took delivery of my 825i a week before JD announced that you could now get power steering. However, my owner's manual refers to the option of
    power steering. I asked my dealer if we would be able to order the parts to put power steering on my new 825i and he said no. Which makes no
    sense to me.

Thanks
    The J.D. power steering unit is very compexed unit and is intergrated into the machine at the factory, Completely different wiring harness and changes to the frame where it mounts. Install the wicked built unit if you want power steering on a older unit, we have installed several and they work great.

Thanks
    I am pricing a unit also. My 2011 has 22 hours but am looking to upgrade to buckets and power steering. I was quoted $1700.00 plus the extended warranty which I think is an excellent price. I have to transfer all my options but it sounds like one heck of a deal to me. Has anyone else had any experience with updating their Gator. The extended warranty did double in price from my 2011. From 250 to 569.00 for 3year total but for an offroad vehicle I think it is still important to have.
    Last edited by PeteWI; 08-17-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Makes me want to head to my dealer first thing Monday.
    dj-- Cumberland Plateau, TN

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.