Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Anyone snorkeled a 825i

Thanks
    That's all good for air intake but what about the clutch air intake they are still low and if you get water in your clutch housing the belt will slip and you will go no where
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    Also won't save your alternator on the other side....I think with a Gator 825i you just need to avoid water deeper than 20" or so.

Thanks
    We drilled several holes up in the corner of the frame and no issues with the engine. It's been up and running for a week now. The clutch air intake can be rotated upwards to give you an additional 12-14 inches of height. As for the alternator that is a new one for me.

Thanks
    This is what can happen if you suck water in the intake.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawson911 View Post
    This is what we did. Mount a pipe directly into the frame of the Gator roll over bar. Drill some air hole up high in the bar and you have a seamless easy solution
    Did you plug the hole inside the frame?
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    The snorkel for the intake looks great. Is there any way to seal the drive belt area so the belt doesn't get wet? Haven't had issues getting water in the engine, but stopped my gator cold when the belt got wet.

Thanks
    I worked with some duck hunters that tried to go through deep water with their gator. The problem wasn't that there was water in the intake but the belt would get wet and would not grip the clutches. I have had the same problem after pressure washing the mud from engine area. It took awhile and then the belt dried up and I could go again. I removed both of the clutch covers and sealed them any open areas with silicone in an attempt to help them get to there duck blind. It must have worked because I didn't hear back from them

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trphyhunt View Post
    I worked with some duck hunters that tried to go through deep water with their gator. The problem wasn't that there was water in the intake but the belt would get wet and would not grip the clutches. I have had the same problem after pressure washing the mud from engine area. It took awhile and then the belt dried up and I could go again. I removed both of the clutch covers and sealed them any open areas with silicone in an attempt to help them get to there duck blind. It must have worked because I didn't hear back from them

It's surprising that the o-ring seal between the housing and cover that was factory installed didn't keep the water out. Until you get in deep water that is above the inspection cutout in the rear of the housing it shouldn't leak

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIEDOG View Post
    It's surprising that the o-ring seal between the housing and cover that was factory installed didn't keep the water out. Until you get in deep water that is above the inspection cutout in the rear of the housing it shouldn't leak
    I agree the rear cutout is the weak link in the system you can put the intake as high up as you want but that rear cutout is the Achilles heel
    GO BRONCOS
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12