Thread: John Deere Tractor 855 Needs a Loader Anyone heard of Westendorf??

Thanks

Question John Deere Tractor 855 Needs a Loader Anyone heard of Westendorf??

The property I bought that houses my 825i came with a John Deere 855 tractor for an extra $6K. It has an underbelly mower deck but no loader nor back hoe. I have been looking for a used loader but none to be had. So I started exploring the after market and came across a TA55 Westendorf loader. They are asking $4200 plus $415 freight for it. This is what it consists of--

The TA-55 is the right size loader with maximum power, ideal for 10 to 24 HP tractors. It has a lift capacity of 1150# from the ground to the full height of 7?2??. The TA-55 comes standard with Hydraulic Power-Mount, which allows you to mount or dismount the loader in less than 2 minutes without the use of tools or dangerous stands. The complete package contains the Loader, Hose Kit, Standard Bracket Set, Joystick with Valve and Manifold, Bucket Gauge Rod, and 48? Bucket. This loader will quickly move snow or dirt, pick up trash, load pickups, haul feed or small bales, spread gravel and sand, clean horse stables and more. The TA-55 works with most belly mowers and the extra-wide sub-frame accommodates side-mount mufflers and increases visibility while working. This loader has a full line of material handling attachments.

The TA-55 is available with custom options such as a larger 54? Bucket, Bucket Teeth, Forklift and Brush Crusher. The new Hydra-Snap is a common upgrade on this loader. It allows you to connect and disconnect all the hoses in one easy step, while the control case positions the joystick in a comfortable operating location

Does anyone have an opinion about the brand, wisdom of adding to the JD. I looked at small to medium sized tractors and they were running north of $20K and didn't want to spend that much. What do you think what should I do--pull the trigger (what options if any should I also get)Any and all comments welcomed. Ththanks---greg
    Now 2014 Camo 825i Gator XUV Power steering, Warn XT40 winch, front And rear protection package, high back sport seats, black alloy wheels with Maxxis tires, deluxe signal light kit, horn kit, long range light kit.

HAD 2011 825i Camo 825i Gator XUV Warn 350F Wireless Fog Lights Warn XT40 winch Prosum Equipment: Roof, windshield, back window

Thanks
    Greg:
    Take a look over at tractorbynet. There are lots of knowledgable folks over there. They can provide info on tractors and attachments as well as giving you an idea what is a fair price.
    Best,
    Steve

Thanks
    Greg I bought a new 2011 New Holland 30 hp with a factory loader and a 3 pt last year for around $17,000. I think you will be better off if you can find a JD loader in the long run but be very carful if you buy a used one.

Bowman

Thanks
    Greg- I agree with Bowman, I would go with a John Deere loader. If you do decide to go with a after market loader I would look at a name brand after market loader such as Bush Hog or Woods.

Thanks
    Westendorf is a leading manufacture of loaders, We have installed over a hundred over the years on small utility tractors to large frame tractors, they have superb quality.