Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rsx delayed

Thanks
    Hope everyone sees this info on top of the Owners Manual - do not operate above 40 mph or 6000 rpm for the first three hours

Break-in.jpg

Thanks
    I can get my 550 up to 30 if I have a tail wind. You guys in RSX's will be passing me even during your break-in period.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterman View Post
    Hope everyone sees this info on top of the Owners Manual - do not operate above 40 mph or 6000 rpm for the first three hours

Break-in.jpg
    Very important info!!!

Thanks
    does anyone actually follow that...lol. Sorry but I broke that rule.

I believe in running the machine like your are going to run it. Babying it is not good but neither is beating the bejesus out of it. Just vary your speed and don't hold it wide open for the first 50 miles or so. Everything needs to seat in but if you baby it, and then later on down the road go balls to the wall their is more of a potential for issues. That is just my oppinion that an ol' timer told me a long while ago and has worked ever since.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    I stopped by my dealer today and took the RSX for a spin. I asked the salesman about the delay for safety reason and he said it was the geometry of the front suspension. Apparently when coming down hard the wheels would camber in (positive camber)(I hope I'm describing it properly) which narrowed the vehicle's stance during hard maneuvering.

---

By the way, driving the RSX was a BLAST! I came away comparing it to a snow machine. It came up to rpm quickly and stayed there as the body seemed to ride back onto the rear wheels with the front's planing over the ground. I think my 550 handles well but this thing just floated and handled the bumps well even accelerating hard and cornering. Definitely made for performance.

I tipped the bed to take a look at the engine and all I saw was exhaust. The engine was nicely tucked up under the seats. I assume to keep the CG low and balanced front to rear.

Thanks
    My dealer doesn't have a reason, but mine was delayed from August 23rd to September 24th. Waiting patiently since I'm not sure if I'll buy it or order an 825i and begin the wait process over again. Wish there was one somewhere near that I could test drive :/

Thanks
    I was quite impressed with the RSX but whether it or the 825 is right for you depends on how you intend to use it. The doors and bucket seats make entry & exit slightly more difficult and slow versus a traditional Gator so it's not as good for work where you are in and out of the vehicle a lot. But the seats & doors give it a more enclosed, secure feel at speed. The dump bed looks identical to the one on my 550. It's a useful size though not as large as the bed on the 825. Basically like all the XUV's it's a bit of a compromise vehicle but the RSX is solidly aimed at recreation end of the scale while still allowing you to do some work with it.

Thanks
    My dealer got a sport and trail model which they sold within days, the sport to me and the trail to a friend of mine. Now they have another sport model. I had to wait about a week for them to get the correct oil so I could do my first oil change..go figure.

Thanks
    just use amsoil 0w40 synthetic. It is made for high perf. applications and just as good as the JD oil if not better protection. As for getting in and out of the RSX I found it to be easier than my 825i. The only thing extra is opening the door.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234