Thread: 825i oil change question

Thanks

825i oil change question

Just got done with the second oil change on my 825i. I don't put many hours on it so it has been a year since the last change. Anyways, I got done and was pouring the used oil into a jug and noticed a washer in my oil drain pan that appears to be copper?
    I don't recall this washer from the first oil change and I don't want to have to drain all the oil out of my machine and put more in if I don't have to. The owner's maual does not mention this washer and I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if it came from the oil drain plug or not. thanks

Thanks
    Dang, wish I had gotten ur message earlier today. Just did my second oil change this morning and for the life of me I can't remember if the drain plug had a washer on it. Sorry, I'm not much help.
    dj-- Cumberland Plateau, TN

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.

Thanks
    did mine last week and mine did have a copper looking washer on the drain plug, if it does not leak i would wait until next oil change to put it back on, but if it leaks, just drain into a clean drain pan, install washer and reuse the oil.00

Jim O.
    USMC Ret.

Thanks
    They do require the copper washer on the plug, otherwise a drip is likely.

Thanks
    It did start to drip so I went ahead and drained and put some new Castrol GTX in along with a new Purolator Pure One filter. (I had a Car Quest filter on before, figured I would upgrade it.)

Thanks
    I can't remember if the drain plug had a washer on it. Sorry, I'm not much help. .......