Thread: What to do next, Shifting Problem

Thanks

What to do next, Shifting Problem

As has been talked about before in the topic, hard to shift into gear, mine is doing the same thing. I took my 825i to my selling dealer two weeks ago and they still haven't done anything about it, seems like they don't know what to do. I told them about the NTAC out on it and as of yesterday they have not contacted John Deere. This dealer has been a John Deere dealer for 50 years seems like they should know what to do and how to handle a problem like this, my selling dealer doesn't sell many Gators per year and said this is a first for this type of problem they have seen. I guess what I am asking is it time to call John Deere Customer service and register and complaint with them, will this speed up the repair process, or get the ball rolling. What is John Deere's policy on this and how will they handle it. I have the extended warranty so since my Gator is a little over a year old it should cover this problem. What would you suggest I do next? Who do I call and what is the number? Thanks, John
    Usually found down by my lake or cruising the neighborhood

Thanks
    Wow, that stinks. My dealer has been nothing but helpful with all of my warranty issues thus far. How far is the next closest dealer?

Thanks
    First of all my dealer is not the closest dealer, he is about 40 miles away, but I have purchased other JD items (riding mowers) from him in the past. Second the closest dealer is about 20 miles from my house, but he is 5 weeks behind in their shop, he says it is a shortage of techs to do the work. I personally think that my dealer could be having the same problems, but he has not said anything to me about it. If nothing has happened by next Monday and after talking with the dealer, I will call JD Customer Service and see what can be done, they should give me the name of a dealer that could get the work done in a reasonable time and someone who knows how the repair the problem. Yes I am unhappy, I have purchased many motorcycles and never had a problem like this with repairs, but this is my first XUV and if JD Customer Service can't help it will probably be my last.

John
    Last edited by trainman; 08-15-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks
    Trainman, I had the same problem last year. Dealer had to pick it up twice before it was corrected. I was told it was the linkage but I think that was the problem. Had no trouble since, but at the time it felt like the clutch was not releasing properly.

Thanks
    That should read, I dont think that was the problem.

Thanks
    Did get the Gator back today and everything is working as it should, shifts very easy, they replaced the clutch, belt, and other things that JD factory told them to do on the DTAC, hope I got the letters correct.

John

Thanks
    Hey trainman, you recall the exact dtac #??? My gator is doing the exact same thing.

Thanks
    DTAC #89966, that is clutch and belt replacement.

John

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    DTAC #89966, that is clutch and belt replacement.

John
    I took mine in on a Friday. The following Friday the service tech called me and said he couldn't find anything wrong. I asked him if he had hit the shifter with the palm of his hand to get it out of reverse. He said, "well I have to push real hard". He said, "when I stop it stops and doesn't try to move". I told him to drive it for 15 minutes, pull it up to within 3 feet of a block wall and go stand in front of it. lolol I then called the store owner and gave him the DTAC number and told him this is what is wrong. A week went by and they called me and told it was ready and they had to replace the clutch. Go figure. Using it at the farm this weekend I have started to hear the front drive shaft starting to make noise so I guess they will have it back again shortly.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    Just pruchased a 550 two weeks ago. Have 5 Hrs on it and it's doing the same thing with the shifting. It's going back to the dealer today. Hope they know about the belt and clutch problem.