As has been talked about before in the topic, hard to shift into gear, mine is doing the same thing. I took my 825i to my selling dealer two weeks ago and they still haven't done anything about it, seems like they don't know what to do. I told them about the NTAC out on it and as of yesterday they have not contacted John Deere. This dealer has been a John Deere dealer for 50 years seems like they should know what to do and how to handle a problem like this, my selling dealer doesn't sell many Gators per year and said this is a first for this type of problem they have seen. I guess what I am asking is it time to call John Deere Customer service and register and complaint with them, will this speed up the repair process, or get the ball rolling. What is John Deere's policy on this and how will they handle it. I have the extended warranty so since my Gator is a little over a year old it should cover this problem. What would you suggest I do next? Who do I call and what is the number? Thanks, John