Thread: HPX Tie rod without having to buy the entire rack....

Thanks

HPX Tie rod without having to buy the entire rack....

I am new here I live in Southern IL near St. Louis.

I have 2 HPX's and my brother was driving one of my gators and the tie rod snapped. He has offered to replace the broken parts. However, All I can seem to find is the whole rack assembly. Not just the broken tie rod.... Any options or advice? I attached a parts picture of what I need. The part is circled in red. Thank you in advance for any and all help provided.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    That part is part of the rack and will only come as a complete unit. You may find a junk gator somewhere that you could rifle the part but I dought it very much. Show us a picture of the broken one please.
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
    That part is part of the rack and will only come as a complete unit. You may find a junk gator somewhere that you could rifle the part but I dought it very much. Show us a picture of the broken one please.
    I will get you a pic today. I already replaced the CV bearing and boot. However, still having a hard time just finding the steering tie rod by itself. I can buy the ends that bolt into the wheel side, but I'll be damned if I can find the shaft that comes out of the rack assembly.

The tie rod is bent and snapped. So I know it's toast, but I was thinking about rigging up something temporary until I can find one.

Thanks
    If you can get it out I would straighten it, find something to use as a sleve and weld it back together.
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.

Thanks
    Not sure right this moment where I put the darn thing, but I did find this:

https://www.unisteer.com/utility_vehi...d_xuv/hpx.html

Thanks
    Is it the inner end that is broken or the center rod? That looks like just the inner end.

Thanks
    I guess the center rod? It's the rod that goes in between the two ball joints. Have you ever taken the rod off of the inner ball joint? It's pretty damned tough. If they are going to just send me the inner ball joint I'll once again be lost lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimmyW13 View Post
    I guess the center rod? It's the rod that goes in between the two ball joints. Have you ever taken the rod off of the inner ball joint? It's pretty damned tough. If they are going to just send me the inner ball joint I'll once again be lost lol.
    I know this is old and dead but incase anyone stumbles across this like I did. Just ordered one. Will update when it arrives. There not side specific according to the tech department. Hope this works as my fabrication skills are bush league
    Cheers
    Martin