Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E Z Steer V.S. Wicked Power Steering

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiervet View Post
    I installed the EZ- Steer on my 2013 John Deere Model 825i Gator and it works great as any power steering I've had!!! Love it and glad I installed it!
    Fantastic! Thanks for the feedback - JT

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    JT,

I see on your website ya'll do lift kits. Do ya'll build a bracketed front and rear 2" lift for the Gator 825i or have plans to? I know it's been the subject of lots of threads on this and other forums...

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks

Thumbs up 2nd year for EZ Steer. . .

Quote Originally Posted by TeamFASMotorsports View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks for the feedback - JT
    This has been the second going on third year for EZSteer power steering unit and still working great.I guess if I had to pick one thing that is cool, it is power steering when you really need it at low speed, backing and manoeuvring around and the sensor kind of kicks it out at higher speed and you can maintain a more positive feel and tighter steering at higher speed. The only thing I will say that it was a real challenge installing it, tight quarters and the steering wheel was really tough getting off. And I installed a JD KNOB originally which made it even easier to steer or move the steering wheel back and forth rather than using a spoke on the wheel but after a short period of time got in my way more than anything so I removed it pretty quickly, worked well just never fit the steering wheel correctly.

Hope this helps someone,
    -Bill

Thanks
    hoosiervet,

Thanks for sharing your long term results and glad to see everything is going well with this upgrade. It's always nice to see threads completed.

At some point I'd like to add PS to my gator and it nice to learn how it has worked out for others.

Thanks!
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    You are very welcome 200mph. . . . And I like to see things through to completion as well, EZ Steer is one of the better things I've added to my Gator. I knew right after I received it I should have bit the bullet and just ordered power steering from the factory, ordered basically everything else but the glass doors for the factory hard top, got the top though in the event I wanted to add them later. Got the power dump and glad I did, it fave me the flass front and rear glass and a wiper in the front which has already been handy. Then I find out form the local JD dealer that factory PS could not be put on my gator at all after the fact so I would have had to trade back in to get the PS and it wasn't going to be cheap to do this, over $3k. I got to checking on electric assisted power steering that was out there, read some reviews, talked to staff folks at EZSteer, they were great by the way, even called me to see how everything went and was works, talked to them a few times on different matters and they hung right with me through the installation process, refreshing to deal with people like that these days that is for sure!! Like I said earlier it was really tight quarters installing this unit on my 825i but there was enough, so during this part of it I talked to some factory/staff people back and forth and it really did help. All the wiring connections plugged right in to my Gator factory wiring, so it is more than less a plug and play and basically worked right out of the box, Well engineered and thought out, bolted right into exiting holes for mounting, plugged right in to factor wiring. Nothing to cut, nothing to drill, hard to get to the steering shaft to install the new one that comes with it due to having to go through a gear box now, this and getting the steering wheel off was the most difficult part of it all, but doable, and feels good when your done. Of course now that I've done it the second one would be easier. In fact the local JD dealer is just 1/8th of a mile from me and wants to know if I'm interested in doing some of these for them, I said maybe but I'm retired and not really looking for a job either!!! https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/f...FASMotorsports was definitely dynomite to deal with and that makes a big difference to me.I had hopes of finding some used OEM glass doors and mounting hardware, so if you know anyone that for whatever reason they don't need or want them anymore let me know please' I would have an interest if the price is decent. Would be handy in the fall and definitely winter.

Thanks,
    -Bill
    Last edited by hoosiervet; 11-24-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: spelling error

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosiervet For This Useful Post:

Tomsusmc (01-26-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillet23 View Post
    JT,

I see on your website ya'll do lift kits. Do ya'll build a bracketed front and rear 2" lift for the Gator 825i or have plans to? I know it's been the subject of lots of threads on this and other forums...

David in TX

David, we carry a 2" Spring spacer lift. not a bracket lift. Price is $135 shipped - JT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiervet View Post
    You are very welcome 200mph. . . . And I like to see things through to completion as well, EZ Steer is one of the better things I've added to my Gator. I knew right after I received it I should have bit the bullet and just ordered power steering from the factory, ordered basically everything else but the glass doors for the factory hard top, got the top though in the event I wanted to add them later. Got the power dump and glad I did, it fave me the flass front and rear glass and a wiper in the front which has already been handy. Then I find out form the local JD dealer that factory PS could not be put on my gator at all after the fact so I would have had to trade back in to get the PS and it wasn't going to be cheap to do this, over $3k. I got to checking on electric assisted power steering that was out there, read some reviews, talked to staff folks at EZSteer, they were great by the way, even called me to see how everything went and was works, talked to them a few times on different matters and they hung right with me through the installation process, refreshing to deal with people like that these days that is for sure!! Like I said earlier it was really tight quarters installing this unit on my 825i but there was enough, so during this part of it I talked to some factory/staff people back and forth and it really did help. All the wiring connections plugged right in to my Gator factory wiring, so it is more than less a plug and play and basically worked right out of the box, Well engineered and thought out, bolted right into exiting holes for mounting, plugged right in to factor wiring. Nothing to cut, nothing to drill, hard to get to the steering shaft to install the new one that comes with it due to having to go through a gear box now, this and getting the steering wheel off was the most difficult part of it all, but doable, and feels good when your done. Of course now that I've done it the second one would be easier. In fact the local JD dealer is just 1/8th of a mile from me and wants to know if I'm interested in doing some of these for them, I said maybe but I'm retired and not really looking for a job either!!! https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/f...FASMotorsports was definitely dynomite to deal with and that makes a big difference to me.I had hopes of finding some used OEM glass doors and mounting hardware, so if you know anyone that for whatever reason they don't need or want them anymore let me know please' I would have an interest if the price is decent. Would be handy in the fall and definitely winter.

Thanks,
    -Bill

Bill, thank you so much for the positive words! Glad you love the kit - JT

Thanks
    What makes removing the steering wheel so difficult?
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    They are all just a royal pain in the A. Even on the brand new never driven other SXS's like the RZR 1000 etc they just dont come off nicely. We made our own small version wheel puller and it works awesome - JT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamFASMotorsports For This Useful Post:

bradhill (11-13-2015)

Thanks
    TeamFASMotorsports,

Can you provide a picture of your design or suggest what type of puller is the best to use?

Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 200mph For This Useful Post:

bradhill (11-13-2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast