Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Clutch ass. for a 2011 john deere gator 825i

Thanks

New Clutch ass. for a 2011 john deere gator 825i

Who has the new clutch for the 825i and do you like or not. Thanks for any help...

Thanks
    Team Industries sells the new clutch for the 825i....I bought one of them and installed it myself and I like it....it raises your top speed to around 48 mph (that's all I can get out of mine...some claim to get 50 mph, but I can't get that out of my Gator)....the best part about it is that it gets up to that speed a bit quicker without having to peg the throttle to get your RPM's as high as possible...basically, it lets you run at 44 or 45 mph without having to ride the throttle/engine governor....it's a definite improvement over the stock clutch, but I think I will get some new clutch springs to go in mine as well....they supposedly get you up to speed alot faster than the stock springs allow you, with less RPM's (which would equal to less engine noise!!!)...I've been kinda waiting to hear comments about them from someone who has already installed the springs before I do mine to see if they are worth the cost and effort to install them...

You can e-mail the folks at Team and they will answer any questions you have...they are a very reputable company that has been building high performance clutches for snowmobiles and other CVT's for awhile now....the clutch install is VERY easy to do too...but, you need to get a clutch puller from John Deere before you atempt it though...I paid like $12 for mine from my JD Dealership....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    All the 2012 JD 825i advertising lists Team brand clutching being used....is it possible JD puts the upgraded clutch in the 2012 vs the 2011's or does Team make multiple clutches to fit?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIEDOG View Post
    All the 2012 JD 825i advertising lists Team brand clutching being used....is it possible JD puts the upgraded clutch in the 2012 vs the 2011's or does Team make multiple clutches to fit?
    I'm not sure about what you asked, but when I installed my new Team clutch in my 2011 825i, I took out a Team clutch that was already in the machine from stock...after I saw that, I was wondering why it took Team so long to develop a new upgraded clutch for the Gators...they already had been selling their clutches to John Deere for the stock machines...if I had known that, I might have simply went with different clutch springs first to see if there was any difference in the performance before buying and installing a whole new clutch...

So, I guess the answer to your question is that the stock clutches in the 2011's and probably the 2012's are made by Team Industries from the git=go, and that the new 2012's are probably stock like my 2011 was...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    So Regulator. what your saying is the clutches look the same , and the difference is the springs?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allenflucas View Post
    So Regulator. what your saying is the clutches look the same , and the difference is the springs?
    I would bet the weights and angles are different also, but on the other hand then why not just offer a clutch kit. So may be the sheave angles are different too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    I'm not sure about what you asked, but when I installed my new Team clutch in my 2011 825i, I took out a Team clutch that was already in the machine from stock...after I saw that, I was wondering why it took Team so long to develop a new upgraded clutch for the Gators...they already had been selling their clutches to John Deere for the stock machines...if I had known that, I might have simply went with different clutch springs first to see if there was any difference in the performance before buying and installing a whole new clutch...

So, I guess the answer to your question is that the stock clutches in the 2011's and probably the 2012's are made by Team Industries from the git=go, and that the new 2012's are probably stock like my 2011 was...

Larry in MD

I wasn't sure...I haven't seen any of the Team clutching advertised like before so I thought JD might have bought them up for stock units. Sounds like that's not the case if they were using them in 2011 too....I'm surprised we don't hear more about them. Guess when I burn up my clutch/belt I'll be looking into one...I've got 4.6 hrs on the gator so far so the belt will probably be good for at least another couple months.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allenflucas View Post
    No...I didn't say that, and I am sorry if you took what I said for that...all I said was that I pulled out a Team Clutch that was already in the machine and installed a new Team Clutch...I never checked it out to see if anything was different inside under the housing, i.e., the springs, weights, and angles....I mentioned trying to change the springs in the old clutch first becuase that just might have accomplished what I wanted (getting up to speed quicker without all the extra rpm's...) without having to buy a whole new clutch....even with my new clutch installed, I might switch the springs in it to see if I can get it up to speed faster without all the rpm's and noise....someone mentioned somewhere that they have springs that are supposed to do that, so I am going to try to get some from them....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    The only good thing about all those rpms to get moving is you're in the torque curve of the 825i's engine....it has great torque in the 3k range. That's probably why the have them set up like that, it does keep us from lugging with the engine too much....an overhead cam motor like that doesn't mind the rpms.

Thanks
    Thanks for all your help.. I think I will wait untill I have to buy a clutch before do anything right now..but thanks anyway..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast