Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Clutch ass. for a 2011 john deere gator 825i

Thanks
    I spoke with Team and they stated that they do build the stock clutch for the 825i and ship them to the Horicon Gator plant. The clutch they sell to the general public is a high performance clutch with a different setup and a roller bearing. I was looking to make a clutch puller for the stock clutch but for twelve bucks I will buy one. Do you have the number for the clutch puller?

Thanks
    Tool part # is JDG61641

Thanks
    WOW!!!! I contacted TEAM and it sounds like they don't have a clue. Last Friday I called and they told me were out of stock and will be receiving a shipment of 50 perf clutches on Monday. Called on Monday and was told they didn't receive the shipment. I asked if any were available to order when they came in and Glen told me they sell as soon as they arrive. I asked if I ordered a clutch, would I get one out of the next shipment? Reply, "No idea". I think I'll forget about their performance clutch.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteWI View Post
    WOW!!!! I contacted TEAM and it sounds like they don't have a clue. Last Friday I called and they told me were out of stock and will be receiving a shipment of 50 perf clutches on Monday. Called on Monday and was told they didn't receive the shipment. I asked if any were available to order when they came in and Glen told me they sell as soon as they arrive. I asked if I ordered a clutch, would I get one out of the next shipment? Reply, "No idea". I think I'll forget about their performance clutch.
    Don't blame you. For 500 RPM drop it ain't worth it.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    If you ask me the clutch should have been installed a year ago - there's little doubt the 825i clutch has issues such as too high rpm and this goofy free-wheeling feature that no body can figure out why its there!

Thanks
    I've mentioned it before but I really don't know that the rpms being so high is a bad idea...to make power these engines need to rev....the only way to stay in the powerband is to keep the rpms up...if you have this engine lugging at around 1k I think it would fall flat on it's face if you stomped down on it.

Thanks
    I don't know, I own & drive a lot of equipment both gas and diesel and there is just no reason the 825i engine has to be screaming 4000 K rpm while doing 10-12 mph - it's ridiculous.

The reason I bought my gator is for the 3 cyl engine and it's low end torque when compared to 2 cyl engines, it has the power to easily accomplish any task with a full load. Remember these machine don't have much of a payload - and if you do happen to have a full load and a trailer to pull that's what they make the low range for.

Thanks

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12