Thread: 2005 HPX Tires

Thanks

2005 HPX Tires

I am trying to find a set of 4 ply or better tires that will fit the HPX. My preference would be lug or bar tires. Failing that a set of heavy grip tires would work.
    We use ours only as a work vehicle and as such is usually pulling or carrying something very heavy. Our tractors have the bar / lug tires and work very well with them.
    Does anyone know of any steel rims from something that will work either as the 10" tire size seems to limit our choices. 12" rims would be ideal but I do not really want the mag wheels as we do not need them and do not want to go the spacers / adapter route if I can avoid that.
    The original HDAP tires would work but as they are only 2 ply with a 4 ply RATING the hard stems from the plants around here go right into the tires and cause flats. I have at least 4 or more plugs in every tire on this thing and so would prefer a good 6 ply.
    The OEM sizes are:
    Front 24 x 9.5-10
    Rear 24 x 10.5-10
    and would like to keep approx the same ratio as this is run in 4WD a lot of the time. This thing is wicked at pulling harrows but it works best when I am going full tilt in low range 4WD which is about double the speed of the garden tractors and way easier on the back and butt at this speed. Yep, it does get its fair share of use around here.
    Anyone have any experience / suggestions? Anyone tried any garden tractor rims or know of any that might fit?

Thanks
    It's a standard 5 lug pattern, I use to have a set of 15" aluminum car wheels that would fit. I never got around to putting tires on them though. I think you could buy 14" car wheels with the correct back spacing and they have 14" atv tires