Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $800 0r $71 for electric dump kit.

Thanks

$800 0r $71 for electric dump kit.

JD wants $800 for the lift kit for the bed. Seems a little high. After thinking about it for a while i got an idea. Yesterday i ordered a 2000# winch from Harbor Freight for $71 shipped. Will mount it on back of ROPS and hook to front of the box. Will only use it once in a while and will use the remote that comes with it. Cheap solution. I used a coupon that came in the mail and ordered on line. Will let you all know how it works.

Thanks
    Pictures when ya install it, sounds interesting !

dan - NJ/PA

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptDan For This Useful Post:

countryboy (03-02-2018)

Thanks
    I didn't want to spend $800 on the kit either but it only took one weekend of cleaning up my woods to realize it was worth it. My wife had a terrible time holding the bed down enough to unlatch it. One time, the bed dumped too far and pulled the end off of the gas shock. I went to Deere that day and bought the kit. Now, you back up to where you want to dump and hit the switch.

If you are going to go the hoist route, you'll need to take off your bed latch or unlatch it every time you go to dump.

Thanks
    You aren't going to have very good luck mounting a winch on the ROPS to lift it up....it will not only need to lift up but also it will need to move toward the rear as well......otherwise you're going to get a little ways up and it's going to bind likely bending the body.

Thanks

mounting winch on rops

I think if i mount it directly over the front of bed after it reaches a point it will be over center and finish dumping. No problem getting out to unlatch. Will not have heavy loads that often. That is why i do not want to spend the $800. Probably be a little trial and error involved! Also winch would be usable behind the machine if needed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joedepilot For This Useful Post:

Jarankin (03-20-2016)

Thanks
    joedepilot:
    I do understand your reluctance to buy the highly priced lift kit. I pondered that also and then bot the kit. Deep down I feel confident that the John Deere engineering staff, FIRST designed the 100 plus options for the GATOR and then they designed the 2011 GATOR! On the other side of the conversation, I looked at BIG REDs from Honda before I bot my GATOR. I complained to HONDA that they had ZERO optional accessories for the BIG RED.

My point. John Deere has thick skin and they know they have a good product, so alas, we must just grin and bear it. I just wish I had power steering and I could grin and bear it--BETTER !!!!!
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    I too balked at the pride for JD's electric lift kit. Luckily Northern Tool sells the electric jack screws so you can DIY a lift system underneath the bed almost identical to Deere's for a whole lot less.

Thanks
    watch ebay I paid $425 for my kit it was brand new lets face it anything from JD dealers is way over priced

Thanks
    I really liked my JD bed lift on my gator 825
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    What is the mod number of the jack screw and any details/pics on how you did it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to joedepilot For This Useful Post:

lakehead7 (06-07-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast