Thread: Wench and CG questions.

Thanks

Question Wench and CG questions.

Good morning everybody. My name is Terry, I live in middle Tennessee(Nashville area) and I bought a 2012 825i on Monday, it has yet to be delivered. :-( Hopefully I will get it today or tomorrow. First I wanted to say Hi to everyone and I have a couple questions to ask you guys.

My first question is do you think a Warn XT30 will be adequate due to the weight of the 825i or should I go to the XT40? I have a XT25 on my Honda 450 and I love it, it is very adequate for a quad but the quad weighs much less than the 825i. XT30 has a line that is rated to 3000 lbs/1360 kg. Warn's XT40 is 4000 lbs/1814 kg.

Second question is does anybody have an approximate idea where the fore and aft Center of Gravity is on the 825? I am modifying a trailer and wanted to get a measurement on where/approximately to place the axle. I know with the 825i engine under the bed, I will have an aft CG a lot like a jet-ski on a trailer. Measurement between the wheels not the front end and back would be the most helpful.

Thank you very much for the help.

Thanks
    I have an XT-30 on my 825i....it is mounted on a reciever hitch mount so that I can use it both front and rear....it took awhile to run all the wiring, but now that it is done, I am glad I did it that way...the way I figure it, if I get real stuck and think that there will be too much of a load to pull with my XT-30, I will simply hook my snatch block up to double my pulling power and to keep from straining or breaking the line...the XT-40 cost alot more than my XT-30, so that was opne reason I chose the smaller one...plus the fact that getting stuck doesn't happen very much, so putting all the money in a winch that is rated for higher weights just didn't make sense to me....using a snatch block is just too easy if I get THAT stuck where I would be worried about whether the XT-30 will handle the load...

Welcome to you to the Forum, and good luck with your new ride!!!...I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything else out there...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Snatch block? I didn't think about that.

Larry do you know if the XT-30 will fit in our 825's?

Thank you very much..
    T

Thanks
    The XT30 fits in the 825I as well as the XT40. There are only a few places that make the mounting plate for the XT40 right now. I have the XT30 in mine. There are a few discussions on here on installing the XT40 in here somewhere. Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Raptor View Post
    Snatch block? I didn't think about that.

Larry do you know if the XT-30 will fit in our 825's?

Thank you very much..
    T

Thanks
    Thank you K-Dog. That is more good info on the XT-40.
    Terry
    Last edited by 2011Raptor; 10-10-2012 at 02:01 PM.