Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HPX for plowing snow

Thanks

HPX for plowing snow

Anybody using one and if so any problems? How much snow will it push? I'm in upstate NY and from time to time we get dumped on with lake effect snow so I'm wondering how often I'm going to have to go out and push it in order to keep up. I plan on putting weight in the bed 3 to 400#.
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.

Thanks
    This unit is NOT a snow plow. Its like using a BMW M3 to plow. Should have gotten the 825i for that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nowaczykv View Post
    This unit is NOT a snow plow. Its like using a BMW M3 to plow. Should have gotten the 825i for that.
    Orly?

U don't need a IRS to be able to plow. As long as she is 4x4, it's good to plow.

Thanks
    Plows are currently available for the XUV & HPX.

Thanks

Thanks
    He's talking lake effect snow, that's not 2" at a time.

If plowing with a machine that small I'd look at an Eagle plow sized appropriately for the machine....might be able to get a V-plow to let you push more snow with it and break the heater banks with ease.

I put one of their V plows on the Kubota RTV 500 I traded in for my Gator and it was an animal plowing snow

I've got to put my mount on my Gator 825i and the Eagle plow will be going on it next.

Thanks
    Well we have our first snow of the season, woke up this morning looked at the driveway and oh my, 10" all over with a drift of 2' right up the drive for 60'. Fired up the gator and in 45 minutes had all the snow moved, WOW, IMPRESSED at what this thig will move in a short time.m_gator done 2 001.jpgm_gator done 2 004.jpg
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.

Thanks
    Jergeod, do you have any more pictures of your snowplow or details of how you built it? It looks like 16" diameter plastic pipe for the plow body. Is that normal carbon steel bar stock for the cutting edge?

Thanks
    Dane Merry Christmas, well the plow started out as a moose plow for my atv 48" I got the plow mount off ebay for $7, cut the plow arms down to fit the gator and had a 18" culvert pipe laying around which I cut to 6' long and 14" high, bolted to the plow added stiffeners to each end to hold the plastic from bending and added just a 1/8"x 3" flat stock for a cutting edge. It is nice and light maybe 25 or 30 lbs at the most. I will take some pics and post them for you either latter or tomorrow I will also show you what I'm plowing.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast