Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XUV Rim Size

Thanks

XUV Rim Size

For those of you considering aftermarket rims for your XUV here is what I've found with my 550 which has a 4 bolt hub.

The stock steel rims are 12" diamter and the fronts are 6" wide (about 4+2 offset) while the rears are 7 1/2" wide (about 5+2 offset). Neither of which are industry standard widths. Most aftermarket 12" rims are available in 7" width which works OK. The most common offset is 5+2 which means the mounting face of the rim is 5" from the inner (machine side) edge of the rim and 2" from the outer (pretty) side. This offset is very close for the rears but sets the front tires out slightly further than stock. The bolt pattern is 4 bolts on a 137mm diameter bolt circle (4x137).

The big "gotcha" is that the John Deere hub's center raised portion, the part that centers the wheel, is about 1/16" - 3/32" larger diameter than the ITP Delta rims I bought. The big hole in the center of the rims is about 4 5/16" diameter while the John Deere hub is about 4 3/8". It took a real amount of grinding steel to make them fit so it was definitely more than just paint thickness. Most online and aftermarket retailers do not specify or even know the center hole size of the rims they sell. Just be warned that you may have to enlarge the center hole to get them to fit.
    Last edited by Dane; 04-11-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: corrected center hole dimension

Thanks
    Invaluable information and it was thoughtful of you to post it. I hope information like this is easily searchable because it will be really valuable to those who need it.

Your thread title is very good and should make it more easily searchable in the future.

One thing I would add is that if someone were to enlarge the center hole of a wheel, it should be done with precision. It is very important that the center hole is concentric with the outer rim. Probably not so important since an XUV doesn't run at high speed, but it still should be as accurate as possible.

Thanks
    Dane,
    I don't want to be disagreeable, but when I measured the center bore on mine, it came up to be 112mm, or 4.409 inches. You are completely correct in that most of those selling wheels have no idea what the center bore is. I did talk to Colorado Components, the makers of Motosport atv and utv wheels and they knew what they were talking about. They have actually put their wheels on XUV550s.
    Just my two cents worth.
    al

Thanks
    Thank you for your humility but it's really not needed. The important thing is to get good accurate information out there to make life easier for others.

And, Alfeet you are correct. I posted incorrectly. The hole in the center of my rims is 4.4". I'm going to edit my original post to not confuse others.

I did some looking online and almost all retailers do not list the center hole size. The rims I bought were cheap ITP Delta steel and the center hole was undersized for the Gator. The bolt hole size and bolt circle was correct but not the hole and like all the others it's not specified.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I ended up buying
    STI Alloy HD2 Machined Wheel Set
    after they said it would fit correctly, it didn't, fortunately I have access to milling machines at work and opened the hole up to make them fit. About the time I went to put them on, I was wishing I ordered the motosports. Now that it is done, I am happy w/ the look. gatorwheels.jpg

Thanks
    So when I was looking for rims on my Toyota 4Runner, I discovered Toyota uses Hub-centric rims as opposed to the typical lug-centric. Confused, I dug deeper. It turns out there are a couple of fab shops that make wheel spacers/adapters that have a female hub bore to match the OEM Hub, and on the rim side, provide a smaller hub lip for more common rims sizes.

Just something to spark some thoughts.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info, I found this Wheel and Tire Dimension Guide helpful as well.
    https://www.side-by-side-blog.com/utv...ons-guide.html

Thanks
    Dang!!!! This is way to confusing for me. I guess I'll stick with the Alum. Alloy rims that came with my 550.
    Last edited by vanderrt; 10-17-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks
    I have seen 14" rims and tires on the RSX but does anyone know if they would work on the 550 without modifications? I was just looking at tire wheel combos and very glad I read this post but was also wondering fit options as well as the lug nut situation with John deere as I read in another post that the size is unique to the brand.

Thanks
    Doesn't the RSX 850 have five bolt hubs? The 550 uses a four bolt.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast