Thread: Hitch receiver for rear brush guard?

Thanks

Hitch receiver for rear brush guard?

I just bought a DR RapidFire log splitter and I can't hood it to the normal hitch on the back of my 855d - does anyone know if someone makes a hitch receiver that bolts to the horizontal surface of the rear brush guard? It looks like the slots in that surface were made fr something to bolt onto it

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    I put a Hitch extender in my rear receiver hitch so that it's easier to hook up a trailer or other item.

https://www.curtmfg.com/CURTLibrary/...1024x768_a.jpg

or one like this that my dad uses -

d-192_spec.jpg

Right now it has my cargo carrier in it so I can easily throw a deer on it.

You can see the receiver without the cargo carrier in it.

Older picture with cargo carrier attached.

Maybe something like that will work for you?

David in TX
    Last edited by Skillet23; 11-05-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    I ended up getting a hitch extender and a bar with an 8 inch drop that I turn over so the log splitter sits level. I was worried that there would be too much play in the hitch with the extender but it works very well - I'm happy with it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmjd44 View Post
    I ended up getting a hitch extender and a bar with an 8 inch drop that I turn over so the log splitter sits level. I was worried that there would be too much play in the hitch with the extender but it works very well - I'm happy with it
    I did exactly the same with a 4" drop hitch. It works well. The only draw back is that you must reduce your tongue weight with the extension.
    I only use the extension for pulling a 34 ton log splitter so it's not a problem. If you are going to be pulling a heavy trailer you might need to go to a bumper mount hitch.

Thanks
    I had the same probelm when I tried to hook up my log splitter. I welded a 12" extension on the tongue of the log splitter.

Thanks
    Northern Tools has hitch extensions. They have 2 different lengths. I use one to pull items with so if something is tongue heavy I won't smash my hand or worse yet damage my 825i