Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning for 825i owners: Check this bracket??..

Thanks

Warning for 825i owners: Check this bracket??..

On both my brothers and my machine, the bracket fixed with two screws to the intake manifold, holding the gas cable, came lose. On his the screws were still there, but on mine the bracket only hung on the cable and one of the screws were missing. It didn?t cause the machines to run bad or anything, so it was just discovered by coincidence. Here?s shot of the bracket (the black headed screw is a replacement for the one I lost) - check it out guys.

IMG_0050.JPG

Paul
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    Yep, the same thing happened to me. Both bolts where gone and it happened while I was traveling at 45 mph. I thought I ran out of gas. I had less than 2 hours on the gator.

Thanks
    ill be checking it out tomorrow, looks like that would be a good part for some loctite

Thanks
    Are we talking 2011's or 2012's or both? Will be checking mine either way. Thanks for the info.
    dj-- Cumberland Plateau, TN

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.

Thanks
    The same thing happened to me this past summer, I was out, way out, on trail and lost speed, would only go about 5 mph. I used plastic zip ties to hold the bracket in place until it could be repaired. I sent JD a photo so they could see exactly what the problem was, they sent a repair guy out with the right screws and repaired and repaired it at my camp site. Also discovered one of the screws holding the spark plug wire assembly. Mine is a 2011, the miles and hours are in the pictures.
    IMAG0940.jpgIMAG0943.jpgIMAG0945.jpgIMAG0946.jpg was missing

Thanks
    Thanks for the info, my Gator is at the dealer gettin repaired, I will check it out when I pick it up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by plateauman57 View Post
    Are we talking 2011's or 2012's or both? Will be checking mine either way. Thanks for the info.
    Mines a 12.

Thanks
    Great preventive information guys! Have not notice a problem, however, I will be checking it out this evening and adding the loc tight.

Thanks
    Larry in NC

Thanks
    Great informational post!

I'll be cinching down those screws and if I find them loose, I'll pull them out and put some blue loctite on them.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    Yeah, that is no place for a cross point screw. Should have been a hex head and maybe some blue loctite if it vibrates much in that area.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast