Thread: Ok-step by step and detailed instuction on wiring parking lights.

Thanks

Ok-step by step and detailed instuction on wiring parking lights.

I want to know how to wire up my signals to work as parking lights. What do I buy? Where do I get it. Pics would be great. This has been covered before but no good instructions. I see K-dog tooks to have them wired up. I need details!

Thanks
    You need to add two female connectors to the factory light harness and tap into the wire for the first position of the light switch.

This is what you need https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-85335

I cut 2 18 gauge wires 5 feet long and soldered the dorman 85335 on one end of each. Pull both the electrical plugs off the front running lights and removed the blank rubber plug from the middle slot. Installed the wire with female connector and sealed it up with some liquid gasket maker or silicone. Then run the wire up through factory raceway. Do other side the same. Then tap the two wires into factory pink wire 830A behind the dash that is attached to light switch. Half hour to an hour job.

Thanks
    Do you have pics? Do you need a dual filament bulb? It should be on a lot dimmer than when the flashers flash. So with the parking lights on and you hit the signals it just gets brighter?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselsmith View Post
    Do you have pics? Do you need a dual filament bulb? It should be on a lot dimmer than when the flashers flash. So with the parking lights on and you hit the signals it just gets brighter?
    It already is a dual filament bulb. The running lights are much dimmer than the hazard/turn signals. I don't have pics.

Thanks
    Whats the 830a? There is only 1 pink wire? Parking lights stay on in first and second position on the switch? Think an auto parts store would have those terminals? I'm ready to put the harness in now but it will be way easier to do this before putting it in.

Thanks
    I believe 830A is printed on the pink wire, and yes it would be easier to do first. I tried to do it first, but had the wrong terminals, so I installed them and when I get the correct terminals, I will trace the wire then.
    Good luck and Happy New Year,
    Jake

Thanks
    Ok, I got it. It was easier than I thought. I don't know why JD does not do that with the kit. Very sweet looking! When I put the long range (bumper cover) lights in they came with 2 harnesses. The second was for if you mounted them on the roof. Worked great and looks factory.
    Attached Images Attached Images