Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terra 4500 Circuit Breaker mount location?

Thanks

Terra 4500 Circuit Breaker mount location?

Hi All,
    I am finishing up the mounting of for my Super Winch and have a question. I have everything pretty much completed, but one of the last items was mounting the circuit breaker that comes with the kit. There is not a lot of details in the instructions on this other than the wiring but this thing looks like it will short if if comes into contact with the frame. I have a picture below to show what I am asking about.

Terra_CB.jpg

I looked though the forum and could only find one reference where someone wrapped in a balloon, but that sound like it will melt when in use.

What have others done?

Thanks
    I put mine on top of my battery secured with a strap.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    There is some electrical tapes that you could call high temp and they could be used. We use rubber tape to wrap the split bolts when bringing the electrical service wires from the pole to a house. That is what I wraped mine with.

Jim O
    USMC Ret.

Thanks
    I made a plastic bracket to attach it to the frame works great just had to change the two bolts to longer ones
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    Im in the process of installing my Terra 45 on a 2012 825 gator. I mounted the solenoid under the plastic tray near the hood latch (drilled another hole due to holes not lining up). Ran the blue an yellow #6 (LONG) wires from the solenoid to the winch motor (lots of slack left over). Removed the glove box to easily drill the 7/8" hole for the handle remote, installed the rocker switch. I'm puzzled as to where is the best place to put the circuit breaker. I have 3 #6 wires left over - 2 reds and 1 black all 3 ~12"-15". I know I have to get to the battery with these wires...How in the world will either of these make it from the solenoid to the battery or circuit breaker????? I thought i read where some ppl swapped the supplied wires but that still will not work in this case. Do I need to just go an buy the right length or did i install something wrong? thanks guys!
    Last edited by lodogg1971; 01-10-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks
    I also wrapped the connections with electrical tape.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Use the Yellow and Blue (long wires) to go from the battery to the the solenoid. Then the Red and back (short) to go from the solenoid to the the winch. The short wire were just long enough for me and the Blue and Yellow were plenty long. Just remember what you used for what I used Black = Blue, Red = Yellow. Remove the center console to run the Blue and Yellow from the battery to under the dash and to the solenoid.

I have not yet mounted the circuit breaker (wired Yellow directly to the battery at the moment) but like the suggestion by Destiny creek above. But I will probably paint the CB with liquid electrical tape to reduce the chance of spark.

I'll snap some photos tonight and try to post so you can see what I did.

Thanks
    thanks guys..I was wrong and you were right..swapping the wires was the ticket. I'm almost complete, I just have to tap into the hot wire to the switch. On the 2012 will the wire be labeled like someone mention it was on the 2011's ""420J"" I mounted the CB on top of the battery. I got creative and used a soap holder case 97 cents at Walmart. I drilled 2 holes on each side, put rubber grouments and closed it up..worked out great!!!
    cb1.jpgcb2.jpgcb3.jpg

Thanks
    I hadn't read any further...is there anything you guys did on the first use of the winch? All suggestions appreciated!

Thanks
    This was a good read for me. I just got my winch in the mail yesterday. I was sort of surprised at the small solenoids provided. I think I will just use a standard automotive one like I use on my 9500lb unit if I can. I did notice two solenoids though so maybe I can't use a standard solenoid. I will have to check it. The soap holder is a great idea.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast