Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 825i Shifting Problem - Thank You Forum!!!

Thanks

825i Shifting Problem - Thank You Forum!!!

I know this problem has been talked about in another page, but my 2011 825 was having this same shifting problem. I bought my machine as a demo model with 8 hrs on it and my dealer is replacing the primary clutch and drive belt under warranty. I guess I wanted to say thank for your guys for pointing me in this direction, as otherwise, I would have probably just accepted that the machien was "hard to shift". So again thank you guys for having this forum and bringing problems to everyone's attention.

Also, I'm glad I purchased John Deere instead of Polaris. My dealer is about 7 miles from home and they come get my machine and drop it back off when I have service work done. If I bought Polaris, I would have to load it up and drive 30 miles each way, as well as, the time it takes. So once again, thank you John Deere and thank you guys for having these forum pages.
    Aaron

2011 Olive and Black 825i...poly roof...full windshield...black alloy wheels with Maxxis tires...front fender guards...and grille guard

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aaron G For This Useful Post:

jd.rasentrac (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    All i can say is

Thanks
    Hi,
    This is the only thread I could find on this problem. We are having the same problem. I sent a msg to 825Joe.
    What did you do to fix this?

Thanks, Larry

Thanks
    I just got my machine back from the dealer and they tell me that the "hard to shift" is normal. Should I be concerned as mine is hard to shift at time, sometimes almost getting stuck in gear. Also it seems to be shifting more down and not in the right shifting location?

Milezone

Thanks
    Hard to shift is not normal, they usually shift extremely well. I'm not sure it's an alignment thing or high idle issue but it should not be hard to shift at all. That being said make sure you wait until the engine has warmed up and is off high idle before you shift...under 1000 rpms at least.

Thanks
    The johndeere dealer aervice told me it was,and yes hard to shift even when warm and idle is at 1000 or slightly less in fact sometimes it is just ry hard and i have to jam it out of gear. Maybe i need to take it somewhere else?

Milezone

Thanks
    Mine is not hard to shift and stays in gear ! maybe you need to talk to someone else !

Dan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milezone View Post
    The johndeere dealer aervice told me it was,and yes hard to shift even when warm and idle is at 1000 or slightly less in fact sometimes it is just ry hard and i have to jam it out of gear. Maybe i need to take it somewhere else?

Milezone

The dealer is full of poo.....mine slips in and out of gear with ease and never pops out on it's own......you should not have to jam it in gear at all. I think you are wise to take it elsewhere.

Thanks
    Sounds like your primary clutch is not releasing all the way which will cause this problem. How does it go into gear with the engine shut off?

Thanks
    Never tried with off, but. Will do that when I ride tomorrow. The dealer is going to pick it up again and look it over. They still say that is normal but I will wait till next week to see what they do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast