Thread: Gator with Eagle Plow getting it done

Thanks

Gator with Eagle Plow getting it done

This storm was over 2 feet of snow....I think I could have used a lot taller plow to take on Nemo The Gator got it done with power to spare

Thanks
    nice work for you and the GATOR

Thanks
    Looks like you could use a windshield.

I have a JD standard plow ,Plastic edge/ Delx. cab and worked well but, I agree blade could be higher.
    24" of snow with drifts of 36". Hit it twice. Down to bare driveway.
    Rain forcasted for today.

Thanks
    Nice. "Gator done!!" (geter done)

Thanks
    Wish we had that much snow to play in and we could use the moisture to fill our ponds
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grace View Post
    Looks like you could use a windshield.

I have a JD standard plow ,Plastic edge/ Delx. cab and worked well but, I agree blade could be higher.
    24" of snow with drifts of 36". Hit it twice. Down to bare driveway.
    Rain forcasted for today.
    This is the first storm I ever thought that a cab would be nice....I like the fresh air but the lapfuls of snow are a little much

I'm still thinking of investing in the Boss V Plow for next winter, the taller blade would be great.

Thanks
    Dixiedog, Talked with friends in Gorham and Standish area where they got 35.5 inches! So sorry I left Maine before this one! LOL

Watching your video I see you have quite a bit of plowing, without quesiton I would have a "full cab from Prosum Equipment" that included wiper and heater. I could see the snow coming into the cab, of course with the amount of snow you got it would not matter if the blade was 6" or 12" taller it would come back on you. A friend of mine who works for Cumberland County Sheriff's Office also plows on the side. He has a 3/4 ton GMC with an 8' fisher that has the extra blade attachment on top and STILL snow would come over.

At our age I like having fun but I like staying dry and warm.

When I had our farm in Limington, Maine I purchased a large snowblower to go onto one of my John Deere tractors. When I purchased the new tractor I had ordered it with a full heated cab, of course that was on back order. My very first winter using the new snow blower was nothing but pure hell! Come spring I told John Deere if they didn't get the cab soon I was bringing the rig back. It came in finally, removing snow took on a whole new enjoyment. Hell I use to go do the neighbors just for fun. Drinking coffee, staying warm and with the hydrostatic transmission I was in my glory.

Good luck and have fun with the Gator!

Larry in NC
    Last edited by Deputy347k9; 02-12-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
    Dixiedog, Talked with friends in Gorham and Standish area where they got 35.5 inches! So sorry I left Maine before this one! LOL

Watching your video I see you have quite a bit of plowing, without quesiton I would have a "full cab from Prosum Equipment" that included wiper and heater. I could see the snow coming into the cab, of course with the amount of snow you got it would not matter if the blade was 6" or 12" taller it would come back on you. A friend of mine who works for Cumberland County Sheriff's Office also plows on the side. He has a 3/4 ton GMC with an 8' fisher that has the extra blade attachment on top and STILL snow would come over.

At our age I like having fun but I like staying dry and warm.

When I had our farm in Limington, Maine I purchased a large snowblower to go onto one of my John Deere tractors. When I purchased the new tractor I had ordered it with a full heated cab, of course that was on back order. My very first winter using the new snow blower was nothing but pure hell! Come spring I told John Deere if they didn't get the cab soon I was bringing the rig back. It came in finally, removing snow took on a whole new enjoyment. Hell I use to go do the neighbors just for fun. Drinking coffee, staying warm and with the hydrostatic transmission I was in my glory.

Good luck and have fun with the Gator!

Larry in NC

I like the fresh air, I really don't have any desire to have a full cab 99.9% of the time. That may change in the future but for now I'm sticking to the open air concept. One of my friends in Windham also saw snow in excess of 30", it went over the commercial V plow on his F-550 too....it was just a whole lot of snow.

Thanks
    Wish we had that much snow to play in and we could use the moisture to fill our ponds