Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Towing a enclosed trailer with TH Diesel 2012 6x4 gator... is it possible and safe?

Thanks

Towing a enclosed trailer with TH Diesel 2012 6x4 gator... is it possible and safe?

Hello all,

I was wondering if I can pull a enclosed trailer. The trailer itself is a V-nose 7x14 enclosed tandem with a ramp door. It is totally empty, not sure on weight. Anyone has done it before? And more importantly is it safe to do so? I am just pulling it on my property... no more than 200 feet into my back yard. My 2009 F-150 Crew Cab with a 6.5 foot bed is a bit big to do so.

Reason is that I have to pull the enclosed trailer either beside or behind my house because of code enforcement. They don't like me parking the trailer in my front yard.

Thanks all!

Martin

Thanks
    I feel sure you will be fine. I moved my 20ft open car trailer the other day with my 825i it was empty of course.

Thanks
    I have two trailers at my home. Lo boy is 18' and box trailer is 12' in length. I pull them around my property for different reasons as I store them on one site, work on them on anthother site and load them for a trip somewhere else. All well within a 500' radius. I use my 825i to do this and have done so for aa couple years since I bot my machine new.

HINT: Forget using the rear hitch. Use the front hitch and things go easier. The front hiitch is higher and out further away from the machine and YOU CAN SEE everything that is happening.

Good luck,
    Rich
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    I've moved several trailers with my 550. I use the front winch to lift the tongue. Nothing long distance but just re-positioning them as you're considering. Probably the heaviest have been a old 10ft, dual axle enclosed Wells Cargo and a 16ft dual axle open trailer. On level ground I don't need 4wd (well, 3wd in my case) but getting them started up a hill on loose gravel needs the extra traction but power was no problem.

Thanks
    93VT, like you I also have a fully enclosed V nosed 7X14' all aluminum trailer. I had my trailer custom built, added about 14" in height, special cabinets, tires mounts and so on. I have the rear ramp door too, I have moved that thing all around my property with the 825i with no problems what so ever. Much easier to do so with the Gator then messing around with the truck. Like RMOSS01 stated, much much easier using the gront mount for towing around the property.

Have fun

Larry in NC

Thanks
    Ummmm guys. I don't mean any disrespect, but you have the different gators with 50 hp motors. Mine is at less than half at 18.5 hp. Last time I checked, this section of this forum is meant for 6x4 TH discussions. Or unless I am totally missing the point?

Thanks
    My 550 is 16hp.

Thanks
    It gets put to the top of new posts regardless of where you put the thread. Don't hate the xuv guys!
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselsmith View Post
    It gets put to the top of new posts regardless of where you put the thread. Don't hate the xuv guys!

That makes more sense now, I thought you guys were hijacking my thread. No hate brother... I was just getting confused.
    Last edited by reachpro; 02-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    My 550 is 16hp.
    Thanks! I will try with mine then!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast