Thread: AMT 626 primary clutch

Thanks

Lightbulb AMT 626 primary clutch

I need to find out how to pull the primary clutch on my 1990 626. Anyone have any tips? Special tools required? I'd like to re-power it with the engine kit from the Small Engine Warehouse.
    Pjay

Thanks
    I don't know that model specifically but those type of clutches generally use a special tool for removing the clutch. You run the removal tool into the center of the clutch. It engages threads in the clutch and the center pin pushes on the engine's crank to pull the clutch.

If you are careful the clutch can be pulled old school by tapping and prying but you have to be careful. Pound or pry too hard and you can bend the engine's crank or damage a engine bearing or seal. A large bearing/gear puller can work but it would take a pretty big one to grab the clutch.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I made my own little tool that did just that, three bolts that run into the clutch and then one bigger in the middle to pull out on it.
    -JD AMT 626
    -JD 855
    -JD 322
    -Quadrunner 250
    -Quadrunner 280 (Project)
    -Big Red 200es
    -Skidoo Mach 1
    -Yamaha DT 175