Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HPX falls on its face when taking off

Thanks

HPX falls on its face when taking off

Alright, whats the fix on a HPX? When you go to take off, it just falls on its face, pops through the air intake and sometimes just dies.. Buddy cleaned the carb out good, but still no better. This happens when its fully warmed up or cold. You can use the Gator, but just have to put up with these issues.. 2005 w/ 257 hrs.. Draining gas and putting in fresh makes no difference.
    2005 HPX Gator
    2005 JD 797 Z-Turn & 2009 JD 997 Z-Turn
    2007 JD 2305 & 2008 JD 2520 w/ lots of toys!!
    1998 Toro 455D

Thanks
    Did he take it completely apart and replace all the gaskets?

Thanks
    No, took somewhat apart I think and put in some kind of cleaning machine..
    2005 HPX Gator
    2005 JD 797 Z-Turn & 2009 JD 997 Z-Turn
    2007 JD 2305 & 2008 JD 2520 w/ lots of toys!!
    1998 Toro 455D

Thanks
    It might be worth it to tear it down completely and remove the jets. That way you can spray out all the passages. I asked a JD Tech about rebuilding the carb ($60 parts) and he said it works sometimes (1 in 3) but most of the time they just replace the whole carb ($350). Mine started stumbling going up a hill the other day so I removed the carb and cleaned it. It's still in pieces, so I hope the rebuild works.

Thanks
    I had to clean my carb the other day. Here is the write up(at bottom):

HPX Carb Cleaning

Thanks
    1. Change the spark plugs.

2. Properly adjust the idle mixture screw.

3. If it's been sitting for any length of time trash the gas and put a tank of 93 octane and 1/2 can of Seafoam in it.

4. If all that fails take it to a dealer!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    I have been fighting this problem for the past two months, I have cleaned carb twice with all new gaskets, new plugs, valve adjustment, changed coils, checked for water in the gas, cleaned all electrical connections and lubed. Still had the problem. Can someone tell me what the solenoid in the bottom of the carb bowl does? I took it out and checked it to see if it is working and when I added 12 volt to it the plunger didn't move till I just put slight pressure on it, so I'm thinking it is bad. So now I'm thinking what if I leave it out and use a bolt to plug the hole, WALA this thing runs like it was brand new again. So I put the solenoid in the vise cut off the plunger and put it back in the carb cause the bolt I used was dripping and the thing runs like a clock. Can someone enlighten us on what this solenoid is suppose to be doing?
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.

Thanks
    I have a diesel but my best guess is that's an auto enrichement circuit, or choke.

Thanks
    It isn't choke that is cable, the enrichment would be my guess too. Hoping someone knows for sure. But it is now running great beings as I cut the plunger off it.
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.

Thanks
    Update on my little modification, the thing is running like a new machine not seeing any extra fuel usage no bogging at start. Overall runs much better. Haven't replaced that solenoid with a new one and do not think I will the way it is running now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast