Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil and Filter question???

Thanks
    Here is a link to the 825 part numbers. The link is wonky. You have to scroll down on the left to the "replacement parts" and click on that.

Engine Oil Filter

AM107423
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I see it now, glossed over it before...

AM107423; same as my 2010 John Deere X728SE Lawn Tractor calls for, Kawasaki twin 27 hp engine.

Thanks
    John Deere Synthetic is used in all their big farm tractors, combines, and construction equipment so it would be of high quality. Its what I use in my Gator and the stock filter. John Deere tests all there products to the Max so I wouldnt be afraid to use any of it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboss View Post
    I switched all my equipment to full synthetic Schaeffers 5 w 40. So far so good. For one I can run out longer between oil changes which saves time and money. And I think todays oil is brand name quality real world crap! And the cost of todays oil makes going synthetic more practicle. Up here in Wisconsin this oil is supposed to help spin engines faster in the cold which means oil is flowing on cold starts faster which I like. Time will tell. I used the standard wix filter.
    I use the Schaeffer Oil also, but I use the 9003D 5w30. Same oil as my pickup. It is really loaded with a higher level of moly than most other oils. Plus I get it at a good price because I get most of my commercial oils thru Schaeffer. Wix filter is a good choice.

Why moly? three articles why...

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/moly-basics/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12