Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucket vs Bench?

Thanks

Bucket vs Bench?

Trying to decide, if I go with a gator, whether to get the bucket seats or bench?

Which do you guys prefer and why?

Thanks
    I have the bench and wouldn't trade it for the buckets. Two adults and a small child can ride comfortable. When theres only two it's very roomy.

Just my opinion but you can beat the bench.

Thanks
    Thanks!

Is the bench more comfortable?

Thanks
    I agree with allygator if that fits your usage. When I had my 825i I had the bench seat. It seemed to work good for my wife and I and our little dog. but I love the buckets on my 850i for the comfort level. It all depends on the plan you have for your gator.
    dj-- Cumberland Plateau, TN

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.

Thanks
    I am a big guy and i have the high back bucket seats and love them. The dog loves his bucket seat also. When someone is coming along for a ride the dog rides in the back in the bed. Only negative I have encountered with the high back bucket seats is that they make it difficult to just turn and reach into the bed. I generally have to get out to get something from the bed. Friends have the regular bucket seats and they can just reach around and get a bottle of water or a drink.

Dan - NJ

Thanks
    I think which Gator you are considering and how you will use it makes a difference. Personally I would go with a bench seat hands down. This weekend I had all sorts of people on the bench seat of my 550. Mixtures of adults and kids allow even two adults and two little kids to sit on the seat. It's also so easy to get in and out and to enter from the passenger's side and slide over to the drivers seat without having to walk around.

Bucket:
    holds you in place better when driving fast on rough terrain
    more sporty look

Bench:
    easier to get in and out of
    accommodates people of different sizes better
    can carry more people (not limited to two)
    the flat bench seat is also a good storage location
    I think less expensive
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I agree with Dane on all the above with one more item for the bench seat.
    The bench seat looks like it came from Walmart, does not look like the standard quality of a John Deere product, the material is not a durable as the bench seats. I like the fact that you get a console with the bucket seats

Thanks
    I have the high back buckets and also have a bad back, they seem to offer more support than the bench seat for me.

Thanks
    I have the bench seat in my 825i and the only problem is that the seat is not adjustable, front to back. My wife can't sit back against the seat when she drives, because she can't reach the pedals.

Thanks
    I bought my 825i with the sport buckets...they are very comfortable and offer excellent support. The bench seat didn't make much sense to me in the 825i, the shifter and parking brake are both in the center so you can't comfortably have a center passenger anyway. No complaints at all with my sport seats, I also like having the console with the buckets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast